Who thinks Astroboy 2003 is a rip off

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Apple Jack
Banned

Who thinks Astroboy 2003 is a rip off

Postby Apple Jack » 12 years ago

Ok Astroboy 2003 is ok im just picky but i meen come on not to sound mean or anything but they could of done better what do you guys think. (Fyi, epsolon freakin ROCKS) :astro: :tezuka:
[sigpic][/sigpic] iv got my thinkin cat on :w00t:

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

Exactly what do you mean by rip-off? Rip-off implies that you merely took tweaked the show and characters slightly without creating your own story or characters.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

HI- HUGS I LOVE the 2003 SERIES- BUT I AM A FANGIRL fan of ASTROBOY!- PRAY EVERYONE SALVATION and safety and happiness always

Apple Jack
Banned

When i said rip off i ment the way some of the charicters were put like Dr. Tenma it didnt make sense to me i love the 2003 series but its just some of the personalities were mixed up i didnt meen to sound mean :(

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

Okay, I understand. I just think you're forgetting though that the 03 series is a reboot of Astro Boy, meaning that it's redone from the ground up completely.

As a result, characters will either start out in a different place, or be slightly different than they were before, such as Tenma.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

I actually really liked the '03 series.
I've always sorta considered it the 'modernized' version of Astro Boy, and it's also what rekindled my interest for Astro again since I was a child.
I also like the way they portrayed Tenma as sort of a villain-protagonist (for lack of a better word) adds an interesting angle to the storyline.

Apple Jack
Banned

Ok i understand but i still dont like the way tenma was put and the whole explosion now that made me cry Astro exploding on episode 48

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

HI- HUGS - ASTROBOY exploding would make me cry too- pray everyone eternal salvation and safety and happiness always! hope we will be friends ASTROBOY LOVER123- PLEASE! - THANKS with love from my sweet girl's heart always!

Apple Jack
Banned

I hope we can be freinds to *hugs* :)

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

Well, admittedly it does take some getting use to...especially if you've just watched the '80's series, since it's different and all that...

But I think it was done pretty well. Modernising a bit without taking Astro out...

(Fyi, epsolon freakin ROCKS)

Lol. Do you mean 'Epsilon'? I guess you do ;)

Ok i understand but i still dont like the way tenma was put and the whole explosion now that made me cry Astro exploding on episode 48

Personally I like sad parts instead of being happy-happy-happy all the time, but I guess that us just my opinion. For me, that part was epically epic.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”