Interesting astro boy facts

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

The real (Japanese) actress for Astro 2003 also plays a role in the 3rd Black Jack special as a little girl's personality put into a computer, and as the boy Yukio (who looks a lot like Dororo) in Karte 12 of Black Jack TV. He has a poster of Astro Boy 2003 in his room.
I'm on Twitter.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 12 years ago

I wonder what Astro would be like in college?
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

BlueCore
Robot President

Interesting fact #3

Postby BlueCore » 12 years ago

The definition of uranium is unstable. Which I one of the reason tezuka gave uran her name and her unstable temper.
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

Postby Gemstone2474 » 12 years ago

"BlueCore" wrote:Hello people of the world and all who inhabit it!

I'm always finding out interesting facts about Astro boy so I thought to my self, why not make a thread? And so here I am^_^

And my first fact is...

Ok so I know everyone thinks Astro is young(10-13) but actually if you look when Toby is coming out of his school, it says metro city high school...

Interesting right? My facts will get more and more interesting everyday :D

Well for me there is no middle school(is that what u call it????)
Australia only has primary and secondary/high school
i started year 7 at 12(turning 13)
soooooooooooo
maybe metro city doesn't have middle school????????

and iv always wounded way Uran is called Uran!!!! THANKX
Last edited by Gemstone2474 on Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

In Metro City the atmosphere would be too thin for people to live in, not to mention untolerably (is that a word lol) cold. >.>

BlueCore
Robot President

Postby BlueCore » 12 years ago

"Androids101" wrote:In Metro City the atmosphere would be too thin for people to live in, not to mention untolerably (is that a word lol) cold. >.>

Very true! I know I wouldn't want to liv up in that unbreathable and cold city
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 12 years ago

"BlueCore" wrote:[QUOTE=Androids101;199166]In Metro City the atmosphere would be too thin for people to live in, not to mention untolerably (is that a word lol) cold. >.>

Very true! I know I wouldn't want to liv up in that unbreathable and cold city[/QUOTE]

Perhaps they had there own makeshift atmosphere. I mean come on its a city of genius' I think they can build something with atmosphere and weather machine.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Skymouth
Kokoro Robot

Postby Skymouth » 12 years ago

I've noticed while watching both the 60's series and the 80's series at the same time of late, that they've rehashed some of the same episodes. Of course they've changed them slightly in the 80's probably to keep it fresh. Also noticed in both series how many are based on the actual stories in the manga... of course I've only read up to vol 3 but it's worth mentioning. I think 2003 did an excellent job with the whole Pluto storyline. Though I don't know why they had to change the name of some of the robots for that story in the 80's. Does anyone know why some of the names from the 60's series were kept for the '03 series but not for the '80's and vice versa? Or why some names and such were changed so drastically from the original? This has always confused me.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

I made some 50 web pages on the various stories that discuss the different versions. But, Tezuka in English has moved the whole site to a new URL, & so, the addresses for those pages have changed. Offhand, I would say that Pluto's story has 7 versions. :p

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 12 years ago

"Skymouth" wrote:I've noticed while watching both the 60's series and the 80's series at the same time of late, that they've rehashed some of the same episodes. Of course they've changed them slightly in the 80's probably to keep it fresh. Also noticed in both series how many are based on the actual stories in the manga... of course I've only read up to vol 3 but it's worth mentioning. I think 2003 did an excellent job with the whole Pluto storyline. Though I don't know why they had to change the name of some of the robots for that story in the 80's. Does anyone know why some of the names from the 60's series were kept for the '03 series but not for the '80's and vice versa? Or why some names and such were changed so drastically from the original? This has always confused me.

Oh I so agree, I'd love to know why Epsilon had to end up being a girl rather then a guy in the '03 series when the others are guys.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”