Would anyone want to see Astro Boy on Toonami?

Off topic discussion.
Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Would anyone want to see Astro Boy on Toonami?

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 12 years ago

For those who haven't heard, Toonami returned just this Saturday with Bleach, Casshern Sins, Deadman Wonderland, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's on Adult Swim every Saturday night and should gain new shows as time go on (assuming they get more than the severely limited budget that they have).

I know that this is very unlikely to ever happen, but if given the opportunity, would you want to see the 1960s, 1980s, and/or 2003 Astro Boy series with uncensored dubbing on Toonami? Those are my most wanted show on Toonami.

There's a poll on the Adult Swim board if you want to vote for Astro Boy (or any shows on there that was shown during April Fools Day) here.
Last edited by Fuzzy Pickles! on Tue May 29, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

Well it's not that i can watch it anyway but i think the 1980 series of course would have the best potential for a gerneral audiance with the darker moments in it and all.

And i don't see the 1960's series on a saterday night block where they need views anyway it doesn't really fit in there but i don't think any of the AB series fits for what there currently have programmed the 2003 isn't going to do it either that's what i think at least.

But Gongrats on having Toonami back i'm jalous brings be back to 2004 when they cancled it over here.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

where is the poll, that link just go to the board and not to the thread with the pull in it and it is not obvious.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 12 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:where is the poll, that link just go to the board and not to the thread with the pull in it and it is not obvious.
It looks like that if you want to vote, you have to sign up for it. Not saying you have to, but the poll is on the forum.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:Well it's not that i can watch it anyway but i think the 1980 series of course would have the best potential for a gerneral audiance with the darker moments in it and all.

And i don't see the 1960's series on a saterday night block where they need views anyway it doesn't really fit in there but i don't think any of the AB series fits for what there currently have programmed the 2003 isn't going to do it either that's what i think at least.

But Gongrats on having Toonami back i'm jalous brings be back to 2004 when they cancled it over here.
Ironically enough, Astro Boy 1963 version did appear on Adult Swim despite not really "fitting" in. It doesn't really help it's odds much, but it is interesting that it did get a run that lasted from 2007 until 2008.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

I'd love it if they showed Astro Boy on Toonami, along with the rumored redub of Sailor Moon. Wasn't 2003 Astro Boy and Sailor Moon on the original Cartoon Network Toonami? Anyway I'm so happy! :D
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 11 years ago

yes I would...however...I'm just glad that Toonami is back. I've been watching that since Moltar hosted it lol...I'm so old lol
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HI- GIGGLES LOVE TO SEE BOTH ASTROBOY AND SAILOR MOON on toonami- pray everyone eternal salvation and safety and happiness always- with friendship and love from my heart always!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

I'm not sure I would watch it on Toonami myself, but I think it would be great to see Astro Boy on there. The 1963 anime would be the most likely choice I think.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

"Nora" wrote:yes I would...however...I'm just glad that Toonami is back. I've been watching that since Moltar hosted it lol...I'm so old lol

Moltar, as in from from Space Ghost C2C? Dang I didn't know that.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Return to “General Discussion”