What was the last thing you bought?

Off topic discussion.
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Hey F-Man - isn't the main character in Monster another Dr. Tenma?

Yup yup.

Or how about this guy? Sure looks familiar:

I've already watched the entire series a few months ago, but finally jumped on this DVD set for my collection, plus it being in French means I can show it to my mom. :D

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

Great anime series there, F-Man. Among my top 5 favorite anime of all time. I just wish there was a proper English release for it.

I never made the connection there between Reichwein and Ochanomizu! They do look quite a bit alike.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Great anime series there, F-Man. Among my top 5 favorite anime of all time. I just wish there was a proper English release for it.

I've been thinking it would be a perfect title for that upcoming Kickstarter-for-anime website.

"Shiyonasan" wrote:I never made the connection there between Reichwein and Ochanomizu! They do look quite a bit alike.

Did you mean to say Shunsaku Ban? And here's a picture of him from Urasawa's Pluto:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

Isn't the writer of the Pluto manga the creater of Monster?
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Anime Girl 16" wrote:Isn't the writer of the Pluto manga the creater of Monster?

Yeah. Naoki Urusawa created both of those manga.

"F-Man" wrote:I've been thinking it would be a perfect title for that upcoming Kickstarter-for-anime website.

I know it's already streaming legally on Anime News Network and Hulu already, so I'm not so sure. I suppose getting more publicity for the series wouldn't hurt though. ;)

Did you mean to say Shunsaku Ban? And here's a picture of him from Urasawa's Pluto:

Yes, you're right. I got their names mixed up. :blush: Actually, I tend to call him Higeoyaji since that is what he's called more often in the anime. I forgot about his real name.

Anyway, it's kind of interesting how he reused that character model for Pluto. I've got to get around to reading that manga sometime.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Messed up his name again...

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Great anime series there, F-Man. Among my top 5 favorite anime of all time. I just wish there was a proper English release for it.

I never made the connection there between Reichwein and Ochanomizu! They do look quite a bit alike.
Yeha Viz only released the first 15 episodes ... and some volumes from there manga release are also out of print i can pick up the manga in Dutch which is better than French for me but i wished Kaze would finally bring out the French version with Dutch subtitles like they do with many of there series manga isn't a problem for me in French but Anime isn't going to work yet ...

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 12 years ago

I've been buying up Stephen King's Dark Tower books.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

I just bought DVD sets of Space Ghost Coast to Coast and The Brak Show. With my first debit account. And this will be the last time I spend money on my debit account on useless but much needed stuff.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Dragon Ball Season Four, or as we would call it in the Dragon Ball fandom, "the fourth blue brick". I just need one more to own all of the original Dragon Ball anime!

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

Hunger Games:Catching Fire, finished it in one day, know need to get mocking jay , sorry about the grammar I'm on the iPad three now

Return to “General Discussion”