Saddest movie???

Off topic discussion.
BlueCore
Robot President

Saddest movie???

Postby BlueCore » 12 years ago

Hello everyone, the movie The Boy In The Striped Pajamas was what inspired me to make this thread. I watch it and I cried, and cried, and friend for three hours straight. You might think I'm sensitive but I'm not. In fact, I'm still crying. The ending is so heart wrenching to me!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

And it wasn't soft crying either! It was full out make-up running, eyes red, noises making sobbling/screaming!!!

What's the saddest movie you've ever seen?
Last edited by BlueCore on Wed May 02, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

Oh...I've wanted to see that movie. I've got to watch it sometime.

The saddest movie I can think of that I've seen is Barefoot Gen. You can read the plot summary from the link, but in short, it's an anime movie based around the events of the bombing of Hiroshima in 1945. Pretty heavy movie. I don't cry when I watch movies, but this movie really put me down in the dumps for a while.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

It was really sad at the end of Metropolis. Kenichi couldn't save Tima, and the last words of Tima before she fell was "Who am I?" It was just a tear jerker.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Tobiofan
Metro City Citizen

Postby Tobiofan » 12 years ago

The saddest movie I'm seen is Move it Forward. Its so sad.
My Deviant Art page
Astro Boy: (started April 30, 2012)
1960's: 104/104 + 193
1980's: 52/52 (will rewatch when english subs available)
2003: 50/50 (yay all Astro Boy seasons finished!)
Detective Conan: 656/656+ (all caught up! :D ) (started Jan 1, 2012)

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 12 years ago

Off topic. But welcome to the forum Tobiofan. You'll love it here. There are a lot of great people here.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 12 years ago

I think the saddest movie I ever saw and actually the only movie I ever cried to was Deep Impact. I can't watch the last fifteen minutes without balling my eyes out.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

the two sadest movies i can think of would be Barefoot Gen even though it are 2 movies, and the movie adaptation of Tezuka's Sleeping bride (live action) damm only 5 days lived and then back in eternal sleep while married in that time leaving here husband to care for a living corpse for decades to come :cry: .

Another one would have to be Grave of Fireflies but somehow i din't feel that much for it in the end.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Bender the Sniper
Metro City Citizen

Postby Bender the Sniper » 11 years ago

Saddest movie would be any butchered version of The Thief and the Cobbler.
Keyword: butchered.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
ATLAS - The #1 threat to Japan.

I'll be back.

Avatar painted by Bryan Lee O'Malley.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

I too, though Grave of Fireflies was very sad, Tetsuwan Atom. Yet, there are several that contained brutal violence that simply overwhelmed me at the time. 1 is IN COLD BLOOD. While the violence was off screen, it just freaked me out; I think I saw it in HS. It will seem strange that I totally love the SAW movies, but these are pure fiction; that one was supposedly based on fact.

It is still inconsistent because am horrified at a few films I know are pure fiction, while most slasher films have me ROFL. :hyo: I guess it depends on who is the victim.

Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

Postby Gemstone2474 » 11 years ago

I'm not a big fan of tear jerkers or horrors, so the saddest one i've ever seen was Grave of the Fireflies sadly the next door neighbours were having a large party so in the really sad bits i could hear "CELEBRITY GOOD TIMES! COME ON!" which was EXTREMLY annoying!!!!!! :mad:
*ABSCOND*

Return to “General Discussion”