123 Captain Dog

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

123 Captain Dog (-- --)

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

This seems to be a remake of 032 HOT DOG CORPS, but, these two episodes emphasize different elements of the original story. One might say that this is part two.

My apologies for the poor contrast. :blush: Notice Dr. Fooler has apparently taken the role of Ponkotsu.

It appears that Higeoyaji has just recovered Pero, & that Pero is dreaming about or remembering his experiences in the HOT DOG CORPS.

BTW, I just now realized that I have not yet made a thread for #32 HOT DOG CORPS. :blush: I will make one soon.

Here it becomes confusing, at least to me, as I do not speak Japanese. Fooler is out to reacquire Pero, put his brain in a cyborg, etc., but then where had Pero been when the episode began? It seemed he had just been rescued from the Russians, & was then reunited with his master. Could Pero have been having premonitions as he slept? :hyo:

So, here they are, on their way to the moon (I assume) to grab the jewels.
Last edited by jeffbert on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

So, it appears that Pero will not be restored this time. :(

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 11 years ago

Thank you, Jeffbert for posting this! I agree with you in so much as it appears that "Captain Dog" is a sequel and not a "remake"! And such a touching ending. BTW, did you know that "Pero" is close to the Spanish word for dog? (In Spanish, Perro means Dog. Tezuka sure had a penchant for the obvious, ie. Leo for Lion; Pero for Dog, etc., etc. etc!)

I :heart: :astro: :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:p Thanks, ASTROBUDDY! No, I did not know that about 'Pero'.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Thanks jeffbert. This definitely seems like a confusing episode... :eek: and intriguing, also! :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"Astro Forever" wrote:Thanks jeffbert. This definitely seems like a confusing episode... :eek: and intriguing, also! :D

How so?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Well confusing, as you said yourself:

Here it becomes confusing, at least to me, as I do not speak Japanese.

But keep in mind that I have not seen the episode (there might be something in the manga about this, but I can't recall it or I have not read it yet). I guess we could say that there are several episodes from the 60s series which are a little... weird, but as I was watching the pictures of Pero and Higeoyaji, with the dog seemingly being "interviewed" (at least to me it looks like that), I really was wondering where it might lead!

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 11 years ago

ive read the comic version omg it was a good story a bit confusing but really good
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

tailz
Banned

Postby tailz » 10 years ago

O_o.. wow.. This is way different from the manga. (BTW, I was always wondering why that chapter was soo long.)
Hello! If you wish to speak with me on other sites then Follow me on these sites below:

http://my.desktopnexus.com/tailz/

http://www.aimini.net/look/?pid=d24TGUDedhOYX1QAcgzS

http://nanonanopudding.deviantart.com/

Keep in mind that I do Not own theses sites. These sites belong to their rightful owners. Thank you. :)

My fansite:http://blackjackpudding.webs.com/apps/profile/84233730/

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I love 初音ミク :heart:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”