Any new Tetsuwan Atom in the works?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Toshio
Banned

Any new Tetsuwan Atom in the works?

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

So I was wondering if Tezuka Productions will make a new Tetsuwan Atom anime.
Anyway, hope they don't change so much the art style from the 2003 version.
I really like how Atom and Uran appeared on it.
Though, I admit that something like the 2003 version may not be done.
And CGI animes are not quite a good idea.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

Probably not now, but maybe in about 10 years or so. Since the first anime was in the 60's, then next the 80's than 2003, there could be a possable anime sometime in 2020 era. At least I do really hope so.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Toshio
Banned

Postby Toshio » 11 years ago

Taking many years just to start a new anime of Atom is pretty much a missed opportunity, sadly.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

Well the last one wasn't even that popular because Americans had a saying in it for some reason :shifty: so that might also have to do with it why it isn't any time soon.
However many times mentioned here recently there most likely gonna come a PLUTO OVA series any time soon so that's kinda the Astro Boy thing and it's really something new in Animation form.

Personally i want Tezuka productions to animate like maybe The Crater,Rainbow Parkeet,Prince Norman,Alabaster,Midnight,Shumari etc something exciting that hasn't been animated before though i wound't mind a full Phoenix Anime series because they have never done everything from it, and we need a second Buddha movie why start it if your not gonna finsh it off Toei ........
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

There hasn't been any news regarding the making of a new Astro Boy anime after the 2003 anime. Like Anime Girl 16 said, there probably won't be anything new for at least a decade. The only excuse I could see them using to make a new anime before that is that the original Astro Boy anime turns 50 next year. Honestly though, I doubt it.

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:However many times mentioned here recently there most likely gonna come a PLUTO OVA series any time soon so that's kinda the Astro Boy thing and it's really something new in Animation form.

I would love to see an OVA for Pluto. I haven't read Pluto, but it looks like a great manga that could be made into a great OVA or short TV anime.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Maybe something to look forward to in 2013

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

I just found this - link will show the whole article.

https://www.japantoday.com/smartphone/view/events/tokyo-international-gift-show

Tokyo International Gift Show

Business Guide-Sha Inc will hold the 74th Tokyo International Gift Show, the biggest international trade show of gifts and lifestyle items in Japan, from Sept 5 to 7, at Tokyo Big Sight.

Highlights will include:

—Anime comic characters & licensed figures; “Astro Boy,” the pioneer of serial TV animation, marking the 50th anniversary of its TV debut in 2013; Fuji Television’s “Gachapin and Mukku” greeting the 40th anniversary next year since the program was first broadcast in 1973.

And last year, one of our members wrote to Tezuka Pro, and they remarked there was a possibility of another anime - but nothing specific as to when...
Last edited by AprilSeven on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

3998Tezuka
Kokoro Robot

Postby 3998Tezuka » 11 years ago

I'm looking forward to the new anime. :heart: But I feel worried at that time,because there are too many people upload the video without licenses in my country,It makes me angry.In my opinion,this is a great insult to Osamu Tezuka and thousands of animators.I don't know how to stop them,maybe I could write to Tezuka Pro,but I'm just beginning to learn Japanese. :( Tezuka has been to China,but now he has left...

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

New potential Tetsuwan Atom anime? If true, then I'm very much looking forward to it.

...of course this means in the meantime getting my butts off to learn Japanese, since the dubbing probably won't be any good.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

"astarisborn94" wrote:New potential Tetsuwan Atom anime? If true, then I'm very much looking forward to it.

...of course this means in the meantime getting my butts off to learn Japanese, since the dubbing probably won't be any good.

Ditto.
lolwut

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"astarisborn94" wrote:New potential Tetsuwan Atom anime? If true, then I'm very much looking forward to it. ...of course this means in the meantime getting my butts off to learn Japanese, since the dubbing probably won't be any good.
On what level you mean my Japanese has so much improved in the last 2 years but it still woudn't add up let alone speak or read ... Your brain just doesn't want to adapt fully to the structure you gotta force eveything in really annoying.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”