172, Herald Brothers

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

172, Herald Brothers

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

While I do not think this is the 2nd of a two-part story begun in #171, Kutcher Forever, it does include elements of that story.

There is a controversy between this guy & Atom. I am not able to comprehend it, though. :cry:

I do not know why Tenma is present, except that in a previous episode, he promised he would always be ready to help Atom. I believe it was Egyptian Conspirators, though not the animated version, in which he stated this. Anyway, later, the conflict will expand to involve others.

This is where the reference to #171 starts, at least, as far as I could tell.

The statue is of Dr. Kutcher, who as detailed in #171, created the AI that all robots use.

“HERALDO-HAKASAN” wants Atom to destroy the statue.

I think this is the same vehicle that Tenma used in Atom Reborn (which was not featured in this anime). Thus, there seems to be a continuity between this series & the Shonen manga series.

As near as I can tell, Tenma wants Atom to be his son, but Atom says he already has a family.

Now, Tenma is explaining Herald's history.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Herald's story:

Just as Duke Red's character was about to award Herald with a document acknowledging his as the creator of AI, along come Hanamaru (in the graduation cap) & Kutcher.

Kutcher resembles Dr. Moss (who made Atom commander of the Mars expedition), but there are some physical differences.

End of flashback.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Returning to the present, though a different location

Herald's castle:

This is ‘BORUTO’; I suspect it means ‘VOLT’ rather than 'BOLT.' Atom has just arrived to fight Herald, whom he believes is a robot, while thinking Herald himself, is merely behind the scheme.

I initially thought there were a mama, papa, & kid, but since then, have concluded they are siblings.

Note that Atom is behind, rather than in between the crushing blocks. Again, they resorted to the 2 layer animation; though in Parting Gift (Double Trouble), there were at least 4 layers in one clip.

Last edited by jeffbert on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

The terrible truth is revealed!

As the big sister robot opens the door,

Her 'brother' is not her brother, nor even a robot!
"You know too much!"

Elsewhere:

With her dying strength, the girl robot repairs Atom. Compare to 19, MARS' 1ST LOVE, in which Agnes, after having betrayed Mars, sacrifices herself to save him.

While Volt is fighting Atom, big sister drags herself out to tell him that their big brother is just a human wearing a robot costume, and had been using them as pawns.

So, the story ends on a sad note, the two innocent robots had been caught in their creator's plot for revenge, & destroyed with him.
Last edited by jeffbert on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

The only episodes in the English language issue of the 1963 series with Tenma in them were the very first, and the 'mystery of the metal men'. I wonder how many there were in total including the Japanese only episodes. The 'metal men' episode was an alternate reality episode so it didn't happen in 'the real' world though.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"kscharf" wrote:The only episodes in the English language issue of the 1963 series with Tenma in them were the very first, and the 'mystery of the metal men'. I wonder how many there were in total including the Japanese only episodes. The 'metal men' episode was an alternate reality episode so it didn't happen in 'the real' world though.

Check this post, the latest in the index of B&W episodes

Xandreita93X
Kokoro Robot

Postby Xandreita93X » 11 years ago

:O nice
thank you, i love this screenshots :3
My DA ->http://xandreita93x.deviantart.com/
I <3 Atom, Tenma , Tobio *o* and Ratom xDDD
I'M NOT SO GOOD AT ENGLISH, SORRY IF I MESSED UP XD
Si alguien aquí habla español, bienvenido sea :D DDD

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=kscharf;209432]The only episodes in the English language issue of the 1963 series with Tenma in them were the very first, and the 'mystery of the metal men'. I wonder how many there were in total including the Japanese only episodes. The 'metal men' episode was an alternate reality episode so it didn't happen in 'the real' world though.

Check this post, the latest in the index of B&W episodes[/QUOTE]
I suspected there was a Jetter Mars episode with Tenma in it because of this poster I found on an auction listing on ebay:
Attachments
JetterMars.jpg
JetterMars.jpg (71.97 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:heart: Cute! :heart: Hmm; it seems odd to me that Tenma would be on the cover of the soundtrack, since he was in just 1 episode.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 11 years ago

Oh wow. I didn't know Tenma came back in the 60s series.
Oh my god D:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”