Astro Boy Head Canon

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 11 years ago

I've got one.

During the Micro Bear episode, Skunk receives a visit from one. It tries to play to his insecurities like with everyone else it comes into contact with, but Skunk isn't having any of it, making the bear frustrated with him. It takes a few hours, but eventually the bear subdues him.

Of course, his cronies don't know this, and therefore find it odd that their boss is declaring that an inanimate object is his friend. They try to take the bear away from him, but Skunk won't have any of it and tries to shoot them. Eventually they knock him out, and he wakes up a few hours later, with no recollection of what just happened.

The same thing also happens to Hoshie (at least my version of Hoshie anyways). She is surprised at first to see the Micro Bear, since she remembers Tenma showing it to her years ago when they were still in college. Since she's not sure what it wants, she is naturally defensive and tries to swat it away with a broom. Eventually, it subdues her by praying on the loneliness she's been feeling since her family fell apart, and the insecurity she feels that Astro will never accept her if he knew the truth.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 11 years ago

Hmm... My favorite head cannon that I have is that Kenichi (2003 version) and Atom are best friends and play MMOs together. Though maybe it's not really a head cannon as the anime depicted these two a lot (also in the other versions of Astro Boy) so maybe they are best friends, but the MMO is definitely a head cannon...

... I actually hate MMOs though...

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

MMO? Please explain! :eek: :confused:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:MMO? Please explain! :eek: :confused:

MMO. I think it stands for Massive Multiplayer Online (game) usually paired with MMORPG such as World of Warcraft. They are time sappers and mind bleeders, but for a lot of people they are a lot of fun. You can create your own character and so on and spend a lot of time in fantasy. A friend of mine loves MMOs because they can spend time with their friends online and work towards a common goal.

"Hey! Lets explore that new area and defeat the monster there!"

It was just a cute little head cannon that I had, a mental image of Kenichi and Atom playing a game together.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

"Earthshine" wrote:Hmm... My favorite head cannon that I have is that Kenichi (2003 version) and Atom are best friends and play MMOs together. Though maybe it's not really a head cannon as the anime depicted these two a lot (also in the other versions of Astro Boy) so maybe they are best friends, but the MMO is definitely a head cannon...

... I actually hate MMOs though...

You know, I always kind of figured that Astro and Kenichi were best friends. Still though, that is really cute!

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

When Tawashi was younger, he used to take kendo. He still practices it every morning when he gets to work as part of his basic training, much to Delta's surprise.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 11 years ago

Mr. Mustachio is great at making coffee. (I got this from Black Jack lol)

Shirubie
Kokoro Robot

Postby Shirubie » 11 years ago

Little headcannon idea from the 2009 movie:

We've seen a Tezuka lookalike scientist working with Dr. Tenma at the ministry. Well, I like to think Dr. Tezuka likes to draw little fan comics of Astro's adventures and doodles in his private work notes. Eventually Astro discovers this and likes Dr. Tezuka's work, so he encourages him to get his comics published. Dr. Tezuka is a huge hit with his "Mighty Atom" series (especially since it's real-life inspiration is flying around being a hero) and eventually creates his own characters and stories, and becomes as famous as our own Osamu Tezuka.

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

"Shirubie" wrote:Little headcannon idea from the 2009 movie:

We've seen a Tezuka lookalike scientist working with Dr. Tenma at the ministry. Well, I like to think Dr. Tezuka likes to draw little fan comics of Astro's adventures and doodles in his private work notes. Eventually Astro discovers this and likes Dr. Tezuka's work, so he encourages him to get his comics published. Dr. Tezuka is a huge hit with his "Mighty Atom" series (especially since it's real-life inspiration is flying around being a hero) and eventually creates his own characters and stories, and becomes as famous as our own Osamu Tezuka.

That's a really cool idea!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"Prettywitchiusaka" wrote:[QUOTE=Shirubie;211151]Little headcannon idea from the 2009 movie:

That's a really cool idea![/QUOTE]
OK, that's like Tezuka in the Anime/manga writes a manga about Astro who exists in the "outer" story. Wheels within wheels. Neat idea.

What I've been doing is imagining that the manga exists as a source of inspiration inside of a "real life" setting in today's world where a scientist who finds himself 'star crossed' with Tezuka's Tenma (and this scientist even MET Tezuka when he was a kid) actually 'becomes' Tenma in a way when he builds a robot to replace his son who lies near death. IOW fiction becoming fact but in a different direction. Then later on, Astro/Atom will show up at the Tezuka manga museum to face his fictional self. (I haven't written that part yet....)
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”