136, Inspector Jaguar

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

136, Inspector Jaguar

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

This is the title character, viewing the location of a reported crime on his chest panel.

This episode relates to Asimov's character R. (Robot) Daneel Olivaw, who appeared in stories as I recall, in which robot police officers were forbidden to arrest humans. This prohibition will play a role in this story.

These two crooks are his first captures. I mentioned a prohibition, but Jaguar has authority to arrest human in certain circumstances.

Jaguar seems depressed. As I understand it, he feels that being a robot is the pits. Perhaps he has an inferiority complex about it.

Lamp & his partner in crime, whose name I believe is Tiger have noticed Jaguar's depression.

Jaguar is turning a key in his chest that controls his ability to arrest humans.

Jaguar had just defeated the crooks, but now, he looses his nerve.

The crooks have just swiped Jaguar's helicopter (Just like the one Holmspun used in the manga version of STOLEN SUN).

I have plenty of frames for an animated GIF. PM me with your email address if you want them.

This is an amusing sequence in which Lamp selects burglary tools from an attache case:

I do not know what this thing is, other than what it appears to be; anyway Lamp's embarrassment is funny. :p

:p I have enough for a GIF, just ask.

Now Lamp & Tiger perform a song & dance routine:

:lol: :hyo:

Dopey is having parenting problems:

Dopey revives inside the ambulance. As far as I can tell, the boy was unhappy with his papa joining a gang of crooks.

Another amusing animated GIF of Dopey gathering gold bars.

Somehow despite Jaguar's arrest warrent, Lamp has persuaded him to merely stand there & watch.

:lol:

That has got to hurt! Poor Dopey! :cry:

I guess Jaguar felt bad about the boy's dad, so he is attempting to make it up to him. :hyo:

This key appears to unlock Jaguar's ability to arrest humans. His low self-esteem has robbed him of the will to do so, key or no. So, he figures it does him no good anyway, & tosses it to Lamp.

I forgot to mention earlier how this episode may have lent elements to URUSAWA's PLUTO; Gesicht & Jaguar have a common problem. :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

136_Jaguar_211_zpsfef80cbe.jpg
136_Jaguar_211_zpsfef80cbe.jpg (36.74 KiB) Viewed 1965 times

OMG - Dr. Elefun's LAPTOP COMPUTER!!

I wonder . . . Windows? Mac? Linux?
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Doesn't look exactly like a computer (no display). Looks more like a piece of robot test equipment. If it was a computer it would be running the "Android" OS.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Continuing with the story--

Because Jaguar refused to arrest Lamp & his gang, the authorities toss him in jail:

Here, he is dreaming.

There followed an homage to Fleisher, as Kutter does the J. Wellington Wimpy routine, gobbling hamburgers as he runs to the nearest phone booth. Sadly, I omit it because I am including very many images as it is. Though I admit, these appear to be either hot dogs or subs. :p

This obviously inspired element of the 1980s MIGHTY ATOM series' MONSTER OF KURAKEN (CLARKEN):

Arch villain Kin ('Kin" according to Schodt) Sankaku (literally "Golden Triangle" named after the drug exporting region in SE Asia) introduces himself to the viewers. Perhaps he simply had a huge ego, & was filming his exploits for posterity. :lol:

Lamp, choosing Jaguar over Sankaku, tosses the key to the latter.

Back in action, Jaguar moves against Sankaku, but--

:cry:

Lamp now refuels Atom; though he never thought it would come to this.

With his dying breath, Jaguar gives his key to Atom as a token of remembrance.

This is the final shot of the story. Jaguar had been killed in the fight against Kin Sankaku.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Jeffbert, I'm guessing, but I think that unknown thing that Lamp is holding is some kind of candy on a stick. Probably something that was popular in Japan at the time.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

Now that I think on it, I've seen a similar item in Pikmin 2 that was described as sweet... Candy kabob? (that wasn't what it was called, but that's what it looks like)
lolwut

jeffbert
Minister of Science

THANKS, guys; I suppose the most important thing is that it is not a burglar's tool. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”