Hey again, astroboy-online

Off topic discussion.
crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Hey again, astroboy-online

Postby crazyd2000 » 9 years ago

I just wanted to pop my head in and see what had become of the forum since I stopped posting much in it around 2008. At the time I was posting (2006-2008), I was between the ages of eleven and fourteen, and pretty much friendless, so this site functioned as somewhat of a virtual social scene replacing the one the real would could not provide. In fact, at the time I was still living with a diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome, and faced constantly with rejection from my peers. This site was inviting in a way nowhere else in the world was.

Anyway, I'm now attending college in Northfield, Minnesota (Carleton, if that has any significance to anyone) and I've been re-diagnosed as Aspergers in remission. I wanted to revisit this site in part to ask: does anyone actually remember me from the days I was posting? If so, feel free to reply; I'd love to have my memory jogged...

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

Hello. I don't think you'd know me, I joined less than an year ago. :) Welcome back, though. I'm a high school student from Taiwan.

I pretty much never had a lot of friends either, but I met a lot of nice people on this site, so I know what you mean. :)

I used to have a classmate who had Aspergers. He's very nice, but I haven't seen him in ages due that we haven't contacted each other ever since graduation from elementary school. :whistling:
Last edited by Astro Forever on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited at the author's request.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

I've seen you around on older posts, but I never got to talk to you since I joined in 2010. Nice to meet you. :)
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I joined up a couple years ago so we never got to meet, but I'd really love to get to know you now.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Welcome back! It's always nice to see older members checking in every once in a while.

I joined in 2011, but I've seen your posts in older threads.

There are a few members from that time that are still active on here, like Jeffbert, Cybotron, Fafner, Astro Forever, and Fauna. I'm sure they all remember you. :)
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dante69
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Dante69 » 9 years ago

Hajimemashite, crazyd2000.
:tenma: :astro: :o cha: LOL

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

Wow! Welcome back Crazyd2000 - I joined back in 2010 but I've often seen your posts - for someone with under 1000 posts, you made a very lasting impression, and I hope you'll be back on a regular basis once again (just for the fun of it). :)

Just to bring you "up to date" there was a new mini-series called "Little Astro Boy" which aired in Nigeria (Astro and some new and old characters were drawn "chibi" style) - and there is an upcoming "reboot" from France - so it's a good time to check back in! Hope you're enjoying college.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I just joined last year so you obviously haven't met me. So hi! Welcome back!

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 9 years ago

Hi, crazyd2000, and welcome back! I remember you from the photoshop game thread, you made a couple of funny entries! :D

Oh and hello everybody, I'm back as well!

(do I hear a slight "Noooooohh...!" somewhere in the back row?) :p

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

Hi Strange Wings. I think you closed your YouTube account a year or so ago. You had the cool Astro Boy soundtrack and now it's gone. (LOL! Where am I going with this?)
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Return to “General Discussion”