12.2 Protecting the Schoolyard (MELMO)

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

12.2 Protecting the Schoolyard (MELMO)

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

This was the 2nd part of episode #12; two short stories were made. :lol:

This boy has a problem, his parents have his life full of extracurricular activities, he has little time for play.

This sensei bears a resemblance to the 1980s AB's Kathy, & she pops up in various roles throughout this series.

Mars also has a similar episode in which he rebells against his master.

Though the kids initially fight each other, they will soon rally against their common enemy.

"Medic!"

Now they direct their wrath at the teachers.

:tezuka: goes down!

When the kids wear out, their mothers are there to comfort them, all except our heroine.

Nitako & her mama are here instead of Shibugaki & his mama. $$

Poor Melmo! Does this scene remind anyone of anything from the 1980s AB? :cry:

Just as Atom has Ochanomizu, so Melmo has Dr. Waregarasu; true, he is not a suitable replacement for mother, but he is all Melmo has.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

Is it just me of this episode ending is reminiscent of the 1980 Save the Classmate? Remember when the parents are crying with their kid in their arms, in the sunset?

I had not taken screenshots of the kids and parents for the screenshots thread; the closest one I have is this one.

Edit: lol jeffbert, I had missed your question... I'm curious if that was what you were thinking of then! :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

Yes, indeed I was referring to it. :D
03_ELV_Classmate_936.jpg
03_ELV_Classmate_936.jpg (38.18 KiB) Viewed 2203 times

This one says it all: "I wish I had parents."

In the earlier versions, Atom sees animal mothers with their offspring, & begins to understand the relationship between parents & children, that he had obviously forgotten since Dr. Tenma sold him to the circus. It seems apparent that the 1980s AB adapted certain elements from recent series, rather than merely repeat the older versions of stories. There are several plot elements in this series that contributed to the 1980s AB. I expect to upload Ep #6 today, & that is one we have already talked about.

Firelord Zuko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Firelord Zuko » 8 years ago

I miss Kathy. I wished she had appeared in another episode so we ourselves could see the more developed Atom. I guess we can always assume they still see each other offscreen.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

Too many characters were single episode ones. :cry:

Return to “General Discussion”