Does your family know that you use ABO?

Off topic discussion.
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Does your family know that you use ABO?

Postby Shiyonasan » 6 years ago

As the topic title says, does your family know that you use ABO? If so, what do they think about you using it?

I've told my parents and sibling about it, and they all don't really seem to care too much. The only connection any of them have to Astro Boy is that my mom used to watch Kimba a little bit as a kid. She was kind enough to make me an Astro Boy birthday cake a few years ago though.

AstroAllies
Rocket Ball Champion

Re: Does your family know that you use ABO?

Postby AstroAllies » 6 years ago

My family does not know that I join ABO, and they seem to be not care about my internet usage.

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 6 years ago

My family knows I use ABO since I sometimes talk about things I read on the forum. My sister (who is actually the one who got me to start watching Astro Boy) seems to like hearing about things on the forums, and I told her she should make an account, but she said she doesn't want to have too many online accounts. That's understandable for me, considering it's the reason I had just "lurked" for a while before making an account here. :ninja: :lol:
One of these days, though, I'm going to get her to join... :devil:
My parents seem kinda indifferent, but occasionally they get a good laugh from one of the picture/caption or wish games, etc.
(So glad for the lunch break, I honestly didn't know I'd be working 8 1/2 hours today :doh:)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 6 years ago

Good question!

Yes because they know, to various degrees, of some contacts I've had with other members here, but some don't even know the topic of the forum and I never gave much details anyway.

I've always had a tendency to be rather secretive with many of my interests. I have no idea why.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 6 years ago

Last year I flew to Sydney with my mum to visit a friend I met on these forums, so my family knows all about it. They (my family) often gave me Astro things for birthday and Christmas because they knew I was interested in this stuff. Not so much now; I think they ran out of things to find that I didn't already have. :) I just refer to it as the Astroboy forums because it's pretty much the only one.

Whoa I just noticed on the sidebar I've been here for 14 years.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 6 years ago

My wife and I have met up with April Seven several times in NYC when we flew up to visit my sister. She knows that I first met her on line on ABOL, and that we share a common interest in Tezuka's aname and manga.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 6 years ago

My family (or friends) don't know I use ABO. I just don't talk about it. They know I like Astro Boy, but I don't think they're aware of how much I actually like it. I also tend to not talk about my interests too much.

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 6 years ago

Yes. I actually convinced my dad to sign up as well, but he never posted.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 6 years ago

My family and a few of my friends know I'm a part of this forum cuz I'll talk about it sometimes. They all know I love Astro Boy and Tezuka stuff in general. My mom had watched the 60s AB and Kimba a bit when she was a kid and my older brother watched Black Jack, but other than that, I don't have anyone to talk to about Tezuka stuff. That's the main reason why I actually joined this forum instead of being a lurker lol

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 6 years ago

They use to know when I first joined, as I used their PC.

Return to “General Discussion”