137, Little Cooley

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

137, Little Cooley

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

This episode relates to Franken, headless robot, &the 2003 Venus Robots. The 1st 2, because the robots involved were not intended for use on Earth, & the 3rd because of the freezing. I suppose other stories such as Stolen Sun also fall under the 1st reason, & for that matter, so does Venus Robots.

The story opens with bureaucrats discussing a newly developing crisis:

I believe this guy is named KURODATA, & certainly bears the title of Hakase.

After pressing the buttons atop both :hyo: s, the scientist brought them together.

Previously Atom had intercepted & destroyed the space ships, of the dangerous robots whose freezing power was represented by the :hyo: s. Now they are earthbound, though Atom will attempt to catch them.

Atom says that he caught only one of them.

As best as I could tell, her name is ‘MERIRU.’ She is one of the two robots mentioned earlier.

Changing scenes, we go to Atom's home:
Note the straightness of the driveway

On closer inspection, it seems curved. :p

Uran has left the Robot School, & is skipping towards home. There were several of the other robot students shown, including those whom Fred Ladd named 'Tuffy' & 'Melody.'

Upon meeting this downhearted little boy robot, Uran becomes compassionate, & helpful.

:o hmy:

Here is another type of robot bath:
Dirt is simply disintegrated. :p

Uran & the little boy robot run away, failing to understand the commotion that Ochanomizu & Atom had raised.

Remember this guy? As I understand the argument among the scientists & bureaucrats in the earlier frames, this guy, Kurodata-hakase wanted to destroy both of the freezing robots, rather than risk a cataclysm.

This one is for fans of Kentaro (Mo Trouble):
:lol:

I can only guess about the purpose of this tunnel.

Meriru asks Atom to be gentle with Kūrī-chan (Little Cooley).

I could not find this robot's name, but he is played by V-3, which is not a robot, so much as a type of robot. Big X had many of these robots, which along with the very real V1 & V2, were vengeance weapons of the THIRD REICH.
Last edited by jeffbert on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

Regardless of their expectations, the coming together of these two robots obviously did not cause the release of the freezing gas.

All is not well, because the fire is still burning in the tunnel.

Kūrī-chan has released his coolant, which apparently heralds his own destruction.

Baltima-hakase obviously had no such expectation.

Thus ends another episode. :astro:

AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

Re: 137, Little Cooley

Postby AstroStar24 » 4 years ago

jeffbert wrote:[
All is not well, because the fire is still burning in the tunnel.

Kūrī-chan has released his coolant, which apparently heralds his own destruction.

Baltima-hakase obviously had no such expectation.

Thus ends another episode. :astro:

:cry: I feel very bad for Uran in those last couple of images. She was so certain that her friend Cooley was dead she started crying! You don't know how relieved I was upon the reveal that this wasn't the case...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 4 years ago

:o Only 6 years after I made this topic, & the 1st response from someone other than myself! :lol:

I should have mentioned this much sooner; This guy leaning over Meriru, his name is not 'Kentaro,' But Rintaro! apparently named after the Rintaro.

AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

jeffbert wrote::o Only 6 years after I made this topic, & the 1st response from someone other than myself! :lol:

I should have mentioned this much sooner; This guy leaning over Meriru, his name is not 'Kentaro,' But Rintaro! apparently named after the Rintaro.

Yeah, I recognize Rintaro/Mo Trouble. And speaking of which, wasn't he the man who pestered Atom/Astro at the introduction of Episode 93 "Cobalt"?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Yes; he introduced himself as what sounded like 'Kentaro' or 'Kintaro,' but all the disc booklets use 'Rintaro.'

BTW, 'Kintaro' is a nearly naked toddler boy who rides around on a bear, with an ax over his shoulder. He wears an apron-like garment whose name I have forgotten.

AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

jeffbert wrote:Yes; he introduced himself as what sounded like 'Kentaro' or 'Kintaro,' but all the disc booklets use 'Rintaro.'

BTW, 'Kintaro' is a nearly naked toddler boy who rides around on a bear, with an ax over his shoulder. He wears an apron-like garment whose name I have forgotten.

Interesting. Though is it already too late for you to recap that episode I was talking about?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”