Go Astro Boy Go! (2019 Animated Series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
BigFox8
Rocket Ball Champion

Re: Go Astro Boy Go! (2019 Animated Series)

Postby BigFox8 » 4 years ago

Nice to see that Go Astro Boy Go is now airing in China! I hope that Go Astro Boy Go airs in my country soon! :astro:
:astro: On YouTube, I am CodeLyokoFan2002. Astro Boy is the cutest robot in town! :astro:

Takao
Kokoro Robot

Postby Takao » 4 years ago

The Chinese release also revealed the English voice cast:
It appears the show was recorded in Miami.

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Postby Genshi-san » 4 years ago

ngl i love the designs, tho its weird to see atom cat as an actual robot it seems, im not too well read on atom cat but im pretty sure he just has fantasies of being like atom, ochanomizu's design is the worst of the bunch imo, i have yet to see the series (im not sure if its started to air in english yet)

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 4 years ago

Genshi-san wrote:(im not sure if its started to air in english yet)

Not yet, but it is planned to air in English at some point. A Japanese and French release are on the way as well. No release dates yet for any of them.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Go Astro Boy Go will begin airing on TV Tokyo, starting Thursday, October 3, 2019, around 6:10 PM. The show is called "Go! Go! Atom" in Japan. Romi Park will provide the voice of Atom.

Sources: TV Tokyo, Niconico

Google Translated Press Release

TV Tokyo wrote:“Prisk Time” starts on the TV East Thursday evening frame! Deliver two high-quality anime “GO! GO! Atom” and “Egg Car” that you want to show your children!

2019/09/03 10:00 PR TIMES

From October 3rd every Thursday evening from 5:55 to 6:25
“Prisk Time” [will start] to deliver high-quality anime that children want to [see]!

Two anime “GO! GO! Atom” and “Egg Car”, which are popular all over the world, will come to TV Tokyo in the evening! Please pay attention to your family! !

▶ ▷ ▶ GO! What is GO! Atom ?
The last message of Osamu Tezuka 's 90th birthday, presented by Tezuka Pro.
GO! GO! Atom is a comedy and action series with the theme of the global environment, targeting the first preschooler to lower grades in the history of Atom !

▶ Introduction of main characters

(From left: Atom / Suzu / Atonyan / Dr. Ochanomizu)

Atom is an ultra-high performance AI robot that looks just like a human boy. Together with the genius girl Suzu and the kitten version robot [Atonyan] “Team Atom”, [they] will work together to solve various problems that occur in the environment of the earth! Dr. Ochanomizu, the grandfather of [Suzu], will also appear. Team Atom sometimes fights and learns the natural mechanisms through missions while making mistakes, and discovers the diversity of life. Every mission somewhere is a big adventure for them!

▶▶ Atom starring :: Comments from Park Romi!
When I first talked to [Tezuka Pro], I answered intuitively, "That atom ?! I want to do it!"
Besides, the design of this work ... the head and body, and the place that is very cute is attractive,
I'm really looking forward to performing now.
Of course, this is such a legendary work, and since it has been loved by fans for more than half a century, there is a feeling that it is honestly scary to challenge it.
But it's an adventure that bears the whole pressure and history!
With that feeling in mind, I would like to play with Atom and my heart together.
I would like to bring this charm to those who know Atom .
Let's have an adventure together!

[...]

[Title] "Prisk Time"
[Broadcast Date] October 3 (Thursday) from 5:55 to 6:25 Broadcast * Japanese version will be delivered in the order of “Egg Car” → “GO! GO! Atom”.
[Broadcasting station] TV [Tokyo's] 6 [network] stations
(TV Tokyo , TV Hokkaido , TV Aichi , TV Osaka , TV Setouchi , TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting)

[Performance]
GO! GO! Atom ... [Romi Park], Kanae Oki, Mayuka Nomura, Yohei Tadano and others

[...]

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Postby Genshi-san » 4 years ago

Weird to not see makoto not voicing atom these days, she just did crystal crisis.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 4 years ago

Oh my jelly beans they Teen Titan Go'd Astro. At least he looks cute, just a shame it couldn't be for an older age range.

Is that other Astro Boy show I saw for a teaser some time ago still happening? I've been out of the lop on the series for a while

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Alittleacorn wrote:Is that other Astro Boy show I saw for a teaser some time ago still happening? I've been out of the lop on the series for a while

It is, though it's currently in development hell. Supposedly, the show has been licensed by an American company for two years but that company hasn't revealed anything about it yet beyond what Shibuya Productions (the company producing it) has shown to the public. We have a thread for it in this link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8866

By the way, welcome back to the forum! You may not remember me, but I remember you from around the time I joined the server and a few years after. :)

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 4 years ago

Shiyonasan wrote:
Alittleacorn wrote:Is that other Astro Boy show I saw for a teaser some time ago still happening? I've been out of the lop on the series for a while

It is, though it's currently in development hell. Supposedly, the show has been licensed by an American company for two years but that company hasn't revealed anything about it yet beyond what Shibuya Productions (the company producing it) has shown to the public. We have a thread for it in this link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8866

By the way, welcome back to the forum! You may not remember me, but I remember you from around the time I joined the server and a few years after. :)

Oh boy that does not sound good. I hope Astro can catch a break. They should just focus on re-releasing the older animes. I bet if they re-dubbed and stayed true to the Japanese versions they could do like a Dragon Ball Z Kai. Or actually release those short 2003 films they seem determined to keep in a time capsule. Sorry I'm rambling off topic but dang [shakes fist in frustration] gimme those films world.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Alittleacorn wrote:Oh boy that does not sound good. I hope Astro can catch a break. They should just focus on re-releasing the older animes. I bet if they re-dubbed and stayed true to the Japanese versions they could do like a Dragon Ball Z Kai. Or actually release those short 2003 films they seem determined to keep in a time capsule. Sorry I'm rambling off topic but dang [shakes fist in frustration] gimme those films world.

Yeah... :(

My ultimate wish is that they release the 1963, 1980, and 2003 series with the Japanese audio and professionally done English subtitles. It'll probably never happen though.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”