Jeffbert's Mighty Atom book

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

Re: Jeffbert's Mighty Atom book

Postby AstroStar24 » 4 years ago

Hi, Jeffbert. Sorry if it seemed like I was gone so long.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 4 years ago

No problem, my friend.

AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

I have another screencap request for you, this time for episode 9 of Jetter Mars. Since you did episodes 8 and 10 already, it would make sense if you did that one too.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 4 years ago

AstroStar24 wrote:I have another screencap request for you, this time for episode 9 of Jetter Mars. Since you did episodes 8 and 10 already, it would make sense if you did that one too.

Wrong thread for such a question! I just updated the Jetter Mars Q&A with links, but the thread for that episode seems lost.

AstroStar24
Metro City Citizen

Oops. I didn't even know that you did that already! Sorry!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 3 years ago

I have made contact with Tezuka Company's Yuriko Fukazawa, in reference to the use of images. This will be expensive, if it even works at all. There was some confusion as to the subject of my book, & I hope I have cleared - up all of it.

the fee for use of copyrighted images is ¥20,000 for a color one, and half that for a B&W one. Assuming Tezuka Co. is o.k. with my book, it will require a large financial risk on my part, unless some other way is found to pay the fees. This is just for the fees. If digital published, 30% of the total amount is also required. I assume this means gross revenue.

So, about $200 per color image might not be so bad, but the 30% will be quite painful. :astro:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 3 years ago

Personally, I would be ready to help paying for images, but I am quite concerned as it is 100$ or more each image and you have a lot! Isn't it possible to negotiate a bulk discount? After all you will also help them get customers.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Yuriko Fukazawa has contacted me and she says she must get some other dept. to handle this, because it is about Atom.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:(Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

They want things I do not have!
"Hi Jeff

I spoke to our publishing department and they want you to answer the following questions for the 1st step of approval.
Please could you share the information with us?

-Biography and career
-Published books
-Information about publication of the book about MIGHTY ATOM
-Outline of the above book (retail price, copy, pages)

Thank you very much

Best regards
Yuriko"

:o

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 3 years ago

Writing your own bio can be a pain, but just create a brief outline. You might have written a resume at one time, and that will suffice for the career info. Be honest with them that this will be your first published work (it is, isn't it?), and refer them to this site as an example of material that you have "published" to show them your intentions. As for the last item, well you probably do have a bit of an outline at this point, and some idea of the number of pages it may have. The price will depend on how this is being published, have you even spoken to any publishers, will this be a 'private' pressing?
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”