Theme Spngs

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Marine Express
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marine Express » 19 years ago

1960s (bw)

Not heard the theme tune from this one, and after my ears were murdered by the awful kids singing the 1980 theme tune I wasn''t sure i wanted too. So before i turtore my ears again can someone tell me if its any
good?

1980s

I love the german version! Not heard the jap version... But the english one!?!?! what on earth was they thinking?

Ah the 1st good Astro Boy theme tune, well atleast the jap one. I wish Astroboy came out over here :cry: Stupid British TV, I hate it so much :angry:

Now my opinions are shared I would like to ask that the sounds page actually tells u what the theme song is from, i mean "Astro Boy themes" WOW! There's 3 series for god's sake. It should really have a date stamped next to it.

And why is a Mp3 of the theme song from the new jap cartoon so hard to find?

I need astro boy songs! The lack of astroboy over here is driving me insane

Ochanomizu
Metro City Citizen

Postby Ochanomizu » 19 years ago

you can find the original Japanese soundtrack(2003 series is great!! ;) to buy here(there are 2 CD´S from 2003 sountrack and other with the PS2 game music and one CD with cover Astro and friends sining but I dont know about this CD with kind of music is it,I think it is musci vocal from the TV series:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/SrAllDept.asp...ersion=all&p=1&

The fantastic opening is :[Pacifica]ZONE True Blue (Astro_Boy_2003_Opening),I found it on emule .

I bought in this site Astro´s 2003 DvDs set (1-12) and these are wondefull,with 2 nice figures( my pack included Ochanomizu´s lesson with Uran and Oyaji&Uran figure):

http://www.click2won.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=3546

here you can see 2 of my figures ,I would like to get all the set but I´m waiting for more packs dvds to get it :) I love it!!

1960s opening its too old and inspired on these time but I like to remember it,I dont know If Japanese version are the same.

sorry for my poor english :(

adrian _68
Robot President

Postby adrian _68 » 19 years ago

you could find one in the FTP server of anapan. or if you want to, you could give me your e-mail address and I could e-mail you the 2003 opening song(True Blue) and any other astroboy songs that you want.

Marine Express
Kokoro Robot

My email is retrogamezone@ntlworld.com
Could you please make the subject, of the email, Astroboy or something so I know its not a virus.
It would be really appreiciated if you could send me the following songs:

- Astro Boy Opening (1980) in German
- Astro Boy Opening and Ending theme (2003) bothe the english and jap version.

Man this forum is really hopeful! thanks everyone!
(and if anyone cares I've started to rip ALL the sprites from Astroboy: Omega Factor).

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Hi Marine Express,

First of all the 60's theme is good. It's cute, catchy and nastalgic. You can get it on Rhino's Best of Anime cd. It's sounds newly recorded too so it's better fidelity, also there's no New York accent like on the original film version like: "Here's a countdown and a blast AWWF...". :lol: I like that though, show's the English version was recorded in New York.

I just ordered the original Japanese version and can't wait to here what that sounds like. I also ordered the Japanese soundrack to the 80's version. The English version you've heard dosen't have a bunch of kids like in the 60's version, instead it has one kid, one woman, and one man. At least that's what my ears pick up. The two adults I think ruin the sound and cuteness of it. They shoud have just used kids again.

The 2003 song is on a cd called JPop. You can get the complete soundtracks to all 3 Astros on Amazon.com and Towerrecords.com, good luck.

Ohh by the way. did you take your name from the 1979 Astro movie Marine Express. If so was it good and were can I buy it or at least watch a video stream of it.

Marine Express
Kokoro Robot

My friend had the original Jap video and "somehow" put it on a dvd using this special program he has. He could talk, read etc in Japanese so he added subtitles.

I actually saw the movie before I knew anything about astroboy. I had seen a first impressions of the Astroboy gba game on a website and saw the words "Marine Express". I told Steve, my friend, (because i had mentioned it some years ago) about it and he said he had the video. He did his thing and I watched it. A few years later and I brought the GBA game (of astroboy).

The thing is though Steve has moved away now so I have no idea where he is, or where he got the video from.

Your best bet of seeing the film is to use a torrent (like bittorrent) and download the movie from some site which host movies etc. If your lucky you might get a dubbed one, if it exsist.

I don't think the movie came out in english, or officially with subtitles, but only jap video.

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'll continue to look for it. Maybe someday it'll turn up somewhere. I've seen pics of it and the artwork is beautiful. :wahah: It's yet another Astro run away train story which makes 3 to my knowledge, the '79 movie, the 80's version and the 2003 version.

starrgazing
Kokoro Robot

Postby starrgazing » 19 years ago

this can be helpful to download...and buy thru internet... :D
<span style=\'color:maroon\'><span style=\'font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\'>UNITED COLORS</span></span>
[url=\'http://www.manilatonight.com\']MTC Forum[/url]

Marine Express
Kokoro Robot

My email is retrogamezone@ntlworld.com
Could you please make the subject, of the email, Astroboy or something so I know its not a virus.
It would be really appreiciated if you could send me the following songs:

- Astro Boy Opening (1980) in German
- Astro Boy Opening and Ending theme (2003) bothe the english and jap version.

erm.... hello guy who was going to email me stuff?

adrian _68
Robot President

Postby adrian _68 » 19 years ago

sorry. i do not have those songs. i thought you wanted songs from the 2004 series because you said

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”