037 Uranium

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

It's a celebration:

Our little hero is modest as always:

This is for you, Atomu:

Uranium has different attitude to robot combat, for this is what she does to her first official opponent:
:lol:
Last edited by AprilSeven on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I had never seen the 1963 Alvin and Theodore before, or at least I can't remember if I did.

As for the gif, I don't feel like it right now but I'm willing to do it later, if nobody beats me to it! :)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Sep 4 2005, 01:23 AM
Somebody please animate Uranium's no_Parking_Dance. :lol:

Argh! There are more than 71 frames :o No human can do that :D
Hopefully I could batch the whole thing to automagically create the GIF animation B) Unfortunately... I almost crashed my computer when trying to watch the result :unsure: I put the resulting animation on my server, but please be aware that for now it is a raw 13,6 Mb file that may or may not work according to how much RAM you have. I will work on it later in the day I think, if only to resize the animation to a descent size :D I just need a suitable computer to work on it :unsure:

Edit: Oh yes, maybe you want the link: http://wotan.homelinux.com/astro/images/ur...an_dancing2.gif
Just be careful with it, he he he :P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

I managed to scale down the image without putting the computer to a halt :P The same link as above should be ok now (with "only" 1,1 Mb). However it looks like it is a repetition of the same scene, and moreover many images seem to be a "fusion" of the surrounding images. Many images may be removed I think, but I'm not sure which ones, and the one who generate them is the one who will know better which ones are to be removed ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

jeffbert
Minister of Science

It is still very slow, and lacking fluidity. I put all those frames there so whoever animated it could best decide which ones to use & which to cut. :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Originally posted by jeffbert@Sep 4 2005, 04:33 PM
It is still very slow, and lacking fluidity. I put all those frames there so whoever animated it could best decide which ones to use & which to cut. :lol:

I would say that in all cases, duplicate frames and "surrounding merges" should be removed, no? :unsure: Not that I am lazy... well, ok, I am lazy :D Nevertheless 71 frames to analyze by hand is too much for me :P

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

I did remove duplicate frames in some of the gifs I made. But I didn't have anything close to 71 frames to work with! :P

Perhaps you should create a program so you wouldn't have to analyze all the frames by hand, fafner? ;)

Seriously, I might open the gif later, who knows, maybe I'll feel like attempting something... or maybe I'll give up instantly! :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Obviously, someone called fafner said I was lazy and therefore I had to defend my honor by proving it is false :angry: I have analyzed by hand and decided the first (not duplicated and not merged) 11 images were ok and I didn't even watched the other ones :P
So here are the 720x480 version (1,2 Mb), and the 180x120 version (135 Ko).

... wait, I AM fafner :huh:
Oh... anyway the work is done now :unsure:

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Well, thanks, I like it fafner! :)

So Uran gets involved in robotting as soon as she was born? Interesting! :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Originally posted by Astro forever@Sep 4 2005, 06:49 PM
Well, thanks, I like it fafner! :)

So Uran gets involved in robotting as soon as she was born? Interesting! :)

Yes, she does. This was more accurate rendering of the manga story in which she originated. The 80s anime separated the robotting match from the origin story, but the original had these as one.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”