165 A Great Fuss Over Babies

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Dr. Ochanomizu enters a competition for creating a robot baby for a King & Queen who are unable to conceive. However, he makes the mistake of showing his robot baby to Uranium, who then wants him as her baby brother, & she prevails in the end. :lol:

The bad guys intend to win the contest by eliminating the competition. However, they are thwarted by Uranium & the crying babies' drawing Atom's attention:

Last edited by jeffbert on Sun May 27, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Although, Uranium is certain that after Chitan pinches the queen's bottom, she will have her baby brother, the act only draws the queen's attention to Chitan, much to Uranium's dispair.

New image:

New image:

Last edited by jeffbert on Sun May 27, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 18 years ago

The worst things happen to that guy and his nose. :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Feb 8 2006, 01:59 AM
WaahWaahWaahWaa.wav (870 KB)

MP3 version (150 Kb)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

The baby is so cute. :wub: I see where they got the "mini-Astro" idea in the 2003 series! :D

But what happened to the baby at the end? :huh: Did the queen keep it?

Thank you fafner! :)

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Dragonrider1227@Feb 8 2006, 03:04 AM
The worst things happen to that guy and his nose. :lol:

:D That's what I thought of too. The amount of tortures he had to cope with throughout the 60's series stays in no relation compared with the other two series' versions.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Originally posted by Astro forever@Feb 8 2006, 02:04 PM
The baby is so cute. :wub: I see where they got the "mini-Astro" idea in the 2003 series! :D

But what happened to the baby at the end? :huh: Did the queen keep it?

Thank you fafner! :)

No, Uranium caused a scene & the queen apparently realized that she could not bear to deprive her of a baby brother. So, the Tetsuwan family then had 4 children. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by jeffbert@Feb 9 2006, 04:30 PM
No, Uranium caused a scene & the queen apparently realized that she could not bear to deprive her of a baby brother. So, the Tetsuwan family then had 4 children. :lol:

:o

I never knew that... Do you know if he has a name?

I never thought Tetsuwan was Atomu's last name either... Though that makes sense since the Japaneses put the first name first.

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 18 years ago

Hi Astro forever,

Yes he has a name, it's Chitan and he was in several episodes. :lol: Which is why we need to see the complete 60's series translated. All 193 eps., not just the 104 which were dubbed back in the 60's. I have them all in Japanese audio. There's so much good stuff there, like an episode with the Beatles in it, where Atom says their name. So it's supposed to be them, not just some look-alike group.

As for the mini-Astro story in the new series, well that came from the manga first, not the baby, though the baby does have the same single spike hair style. :lol:

Ohh and thanks for the pics Jeffbert. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by Atoman@Feb 9 2006, 08:16 PM
Hi Astro forever,

Yes he has a name, it's Chitan and he was in several episodes. :lol: Which is why we need to see the complete 60's series translated. All 193 eps., not just the 104 which were dubbed back in the 60's. I have them all in Japanese audio. There's so much good stuff there, like an episode with the Beatles in it, where Atom says their name. So it's supposed to be them, not just some look-alike group.

As for the mini-Astro story in the new series, well that came from the manga first, not the baby, though the baby does have the same single spike hair style. :lol:

Duh, jeffbert wrote his name but I hadn't realize. :huh: I'm so absent-minded these days! :cry:

Thank you Atoman! :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”