025 The Deep-underground Tank

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

025 The Deep-underground Tank

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

The manga version is called:

D H: Subterranean Tank

TOW: Underground Armored Car (Original title: Mask of Jack-o.Lantern)

RIP

EDIT: I suppose the funerary tone of this episode is why Fred Ladd rejected it. :hyo:

:p

Beleiving himself doomed to die underground, Higeoyaji prepares to bury himself:

Last edited by AprilSeven on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

The images won't load for me, not just in this thread but in another one as well. :cry:

BTW thanks again for all of these, jeffbert! :) I know you don't want to put too many images but it kind of makes you want to buy the series, if that makes you feel better. :D

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

me too they won't load, anyway you seem to be puting up a lot of the episodes up thtas good :)

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

ditto :(
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

it's been like that for most of jeffberts new treads he put up :(

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

It seems Bullguard has flopped again. :cry:

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 17 years ago

Curious: in the manga version, the rebel who helps Hideogaji is not a woman but a black man.

Can it be for the FALSE accusations of racism against Tezuka?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Yay, it works! :w00t:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Ataru Moroboshi wrote:Curious: in the manga version, the rebel who helps Hideogaji is not a woman but a black man.

Can it be for the FALSE accusations of racism against Tezuka?

This probably deserves it's own thread, but I found the racism disclaimers at the start of the Dark Horse mangas to be a bit strange. I couldn't find anything that appeared to be discriminatory.

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 17 years ago

DrFrag wrote:This probably deserves it's own thread, but I found the racism disclaimers at the start of the Dark Horse mangas to be a bit strange. I couldn't find anything that appeared to be discriminatory.

It was because of a complain of the Assiociation for Black People Dignity (or anyting like this). They said that when Tezuka drew black beings, he drew them on a very charichaturesque style. But at the time (the fifties), almost all comic artists drew black people that way. However, Tezuka, when he was drawing in his "serious" style, he drew black people as very attractive men and women, like one can see in Alabaster. But, you know, it was 1989, the conservative era, and "politically correct thingies" were on the eye of the storm, then.

Tezuka wasn't a racist. In fact, he drew many black charachters, some of them true heroes like the best childhood friend of Black Jack (the only child who dared to give part of his skin to little BJ), the man Higeoyaji meets in this episode (a sciencist) and dies trying to protect him, some doctors in Black Jack, etc.

However, to check and share points of view, if anyone in this forum is black, I would be thankful about knowing his/her opinion on this issue.
Last edited by Ataru Moroboshi on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”