Omega Factor for GBA

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

crazyd2000 wrote:It may be a bit of an underrating :p

Yeah, the one who rated it was an Astroboy hater :p
From secure sources, I can tell the one who rated it was Skunk, who was fired by his boss Guiss when being caught playing :w00t:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

8-Bit Star
Kokoro Robot

Postby 8-Bit Star » 17 years ago

I've never played the PS2 game (my PS2 broke and I don't like Sony enough to have it replaced).

Question for those who liked the GBA game: What did you like best?

Personally I was really won over by how practically every character Osamu Tezuka ever invented appears in the game.

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 17 years ago

My favorite part is when astro dies and is reborn

8-Bit Star
Kokoro Robot

"crazyd2000" wrote:My favorite part is when astro dies and is reborn

I think at this point, we should mark this topic as containing spoilers...

But yea, that part totally amazed me. The world gets blown up, and I was already thinking there must be a twist...

... But it blew my mind when the "twist" turned out to be the arrival of Osamu Tezuka's Space Firebird. That, and the guest appearance by Unico, was enough to make me say "This is not just a good game, this is a great game. It is the BEST GAME EVER!"

8-Bit Star
Kokoro Robot

Hey, I hope you don't mind me double-posting, but I just realized I had a question about Omega Factor that I forgot to ask and I wanted this topic bumped so people would see it:

How closely does Omega Factor follow the 2003 series? Is the game at all a retelling of the 2003 series, or is it totally a new story that just happens to share some aspects of the 2003 series?

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

It is the second option: it is based on the 2000s, but with many variations.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Ray_the_canadian
Metro City Citizen

Postby Ray_the_canadian » 17 years ago

Its an excellent game, great story, has good action and excellent game play and will become a great classic. I think any astroboy fan should definately should pick this game up.

Innocent_Eyes
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Innocent_Eyes » 17 years ago

Omega factor is a great game, as well as the PS2 game.
I hate the North robot part though, I died a fair few times before I figured out what to do. And the ending of the PS2 game is heaps hard! I've only managed to finish the game once.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

"Innocent_Eyes" wrote:Omega factor is a great game, as well as the PS2 game.
I hate the North robot part though, I died a fair few times before I figured out what to do. And the ending of the PS2 game is heaps hard! I've only managed to finish the game once.

You lost fighting the last boss of the PS2? I keep reading it is hard, but I have lost against it only once: when I lost on purpose (I wanted to know what happened). However, I use none of the technics I saw everywhere, so maybe everyone but me got it wrong? :rolleyes: I use exclusively rockets (to catch up) and arm canon (to blast it to timy pieces). People seem to think it doesn't work, but in fact it works great. The downside is that I have to wait a long time to recharge, but it is not enough to run out of time.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

leejasmin
Kokoro Robot

Postby leejasmin » 17 years ago

hey. i've played the game on my dad's handheld gameboy micro or wateva it's called. it's got good graphics though the controls were a bit hard. it's definently a cool game though

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”