is this forum fading away?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

is this forum fading away?

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

i swear this forum is fading away, becuase not meny people post this days :( i hope it dosn't die :o hmy: are people off sick or at school or some thing? :confused: or has it got something to do with Xmas? i don't people it's weird.

(sorry wronge discussion)
Last edited by CommanderEVE on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mistake

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

There's been over 22,000 posts about Astroboy, so maybe we've covered everything. ;)

It comes and goes, I think. Forum activity picked up a lot after the new series started showing in 2004. I bet the same thing happens with the 2009 movie. Even more so, perhaps, as movies seem to get promoted more. Then after that there'll be a DVD release, more merchandising, etc.

I think things are going pretty well for a single-anime forum to be this active for years.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Even though I haven't posted much in the past few days (or maybe weeks), I'm still around, ready to participate at any time. ;) I just didn't have anything interesting to say, but it's normal, I don't think you can expect people who have been here for years to have something meaningful to say every single week. :)

It reminds me that I totally forgot about the screenshots I had said I was going to post a week ago. :unsure:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 17 years ago

It'll happen with every anime fan forum, you'll have periods of "dead zones" influenced by the school seasons, the activity of the anime, fan popullation.

Don't dispair, the kid's been around for 50 years and he still has a steady following because of who he is and the simplistic format Tezuka created.

Remember this, a Roman forum consists of 2 or more, as long as you have two people going back and forth with contributions this forum will do just fine.

How about a new topic? Is Astro a good or poor dancer?

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

Not to be a debating toolbox, but I don't feel it has anything to do with already discussing everything. Even the caption and photoshop game has died out. :( I'm sure it'll pick up eventually, but it disturbs me that it's gotten this bad. We're lucky to have 2 new posts a day, let alone a new topic.
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

Now these days, I can't seem to post a reply in most of the forums right now, well, becuase I don't know what to say.

I do have like two topics to talk about but I'm waiting to post them.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"dannavy85" wrote:How about a new topic? Is Astro a good or poor dancer?

Tell me after you've seen him: http://en.tezuka.co.jp/play/games/dancing_atom/index.html :p :w00t:

"mr skunk" wrote:Not to be a debating toolbox, but I don't feel it has anything to do with already discussing everything. Even the caption and photoshop game has died out. :( I'm sure it'll pick up eventually, but it disturbs me that it's gotten this bad. We're lucky to have 2 new posts a day, let alone a new topic.

Well, we're waiting for you to choose a winner in both of these games right now! ;) 13 days is a long time for a caption round, and it's also been quite a few days since the last Photoshop submission. I know there weren't as many submissions in the Photoshop game in the last two rounds, but personally I just didn't have any idea for these pictures. It happens, but it doesn't mean I have given up on the game.

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:Tell me after you've seen him: http://en.tezuka.co.jp/play/games/dancing_atom/index.html :p :w00t:

Well, we're waiting for you to choose a winner in both of these games right now! ;) 13 days is a long time for a caption round, and it's also been quite a few days since the last Photoshop submission. I know there weren't as many submissions in the Photoshop game in the last two rounds, but personally I just didn't have any idea for these pictures. It happens, but it doesn't mean I have given up on the game.

*backs away slowly*
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 17 years ago

I still check the boards when I can, but I've never been much for idle chitchat. If I don't have anything interesting to contribute I just lurk - I'd guess that alot of the guests do the same. I mostly try to find and provide new multimedia content, but most of my regular sources haven't turned anything new up. I'll do a more thorough search in the next few days and see if I can't find something new.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

I am lurking here almost daily since a good 2 years and a half now, and I have seen activity increasing and decreasing often. At a given moment, there would be barely 1 post a day, and at another moment, there would be more active discussions than can fit on a single page :eek: So personnally, I am not worried at all :cool:
And for the caption/photoshop games, they have "died" many times already, especially the caption one :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”