is this forum fading away?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

ah :eek: the form isn't dead :D i see you guys just like to lurk around to you find and good post :) i try and ansewer every thing :lol: but if i have noting at all to say but "oh ok kool" i just leave it. becuase i've learnt not to bump stuff. i use to do it alot :o hmy: so, yeah this form will go back to normal.

"DrFrag" wrote:There's been over 22,000 posts about Astroboy, so maybe we've covered everything. ;)

It comes and goes, I think. Forum activity picked up a lot after the new series started showing in 2004. I bet the same thing happens with the 2009 movie. Even more so, perhaps, as movies seem to get promoted more. Then after that there'll be a DVD release, more merchandising, etc.

I think things are going pretty well for a single-anime forum to be this active for years.

yeah i bet, this palce will go crazy. becuase it is in the first top 3 in the google :)

"Astro Forever" wrote:Even though I haven't posted much in the past few days (or maybe weeks), I'm still around, ready to participate at any time. ;) I just didn't have anything interesting to say, but it's normal, I don't think you can expect people who have been here for years to have something meaningful to say every single week. :)

It reminds me that I totally forgot about the screenshots I had said I was going to post a week ago. :unsure:

are you still trying to beat jeffbert ;)

"dannavy85" wrote:It'll happen with every anime fan forum, you'll have periods of "dead zones" influenced by the school seasons, the activity of the anime, fan popullation.

Don't dispair, the kid's been around for 50 years and he still has a steady following because of who he is and the simplistic format Tezuka created.

Remember this, a Roman forum consists of 2 or more, as long as you have two people going back and forth with contributions this forum will do just fine.

How about a new topic? Is Astro a good or poor dancer?

well there is a flash game with astro dancing in it. i'm sure if astro boy went to download how to dance he would be good at it :)

"stoogefreaky" wrote:Now these days, I can't seem to post a reply in most of the forums right now, well, becuase I don't know what to say.

I do have like two topics to talk about but I'm waiting to post them.

mybe it's some thing to do with the school ;)

"fafner" wrote:I am lurking here almost daily since a good 2 years and a half now, and I have seen activity increasing and decreasing often. At a given moment, there would be barely 1 post a day, and at another moment, there would be more active discussions than can fit on a single page :eek: So personnally, I am not worried at all :cool:
And for the caption/photoshop games, they have "died" many times already, especially the caption one :p

i just go around and look for what i can answer and not :)

thats some long post^^^ i felt in a very very very very good mood :lol:

StellDream
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby StellDream » 17 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:Tell me after you've seen him: http://en.tezuka.co.jp/play/games/dancing_atom/index.html :p :w00t:

:D

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

XDDDDD dancing astro :D never thought i'd see the day :lol:

there good to draw from :) i like the one on the first on the 2nd row ;)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Thank you, StellDream!!!! :w00t: :lol: :lol: :w00t:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

Hmmmm... maybe a small animated GIF? I feel inspired this evening :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

hmmm...well,to awenser the whole dead roum thing,i dont post much really,because im not that..."into" astro boy at the moment.see,im one of those people that go through phase's of what they like,and every so often (most of the time at the worst time possiable) it'll change to something else.
still,i promiosed myself i would'nt dissapear form this forum,so even if i dont post,the mozzila firefox window i open this up in is always there if i feel like posting.
OMGOSH,that picture is SO adorable!! heh,he can dance better then me =B XD
Last edited by zeo on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!
as aproved by astro boy!
http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/
as aproved by astro boy!
ImageImageImage...what?

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

Here are 2 quickly done animated GIFs :D
Image Image
By the way, there is a mistake in the second one (where he is spining), special prize for who can spot it ;) I am the one who did the image, and while doing it I was thinking " oh yes, there will be that problem, I hope it won't be too visible :unsure: " And now, I can't even see it. I know it's there, but I don't see it :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

His left and right legs swap over. I have to admit I needed to view all the frames to confirm this. :D

I tend to lurk a lot as well. I'm here two or three times a day and sometimes I just don't have any comments to contribute. :astro:

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

OMGoodness. What is cutier than that!? Nothing!!!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Thanks fafner! :heart: :lol: :astro: :wub: :w00t:

I say the problem is his mouth (and maybe even his eyes).

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”