is this forum fading away?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Latu
On a Flight into Space

Postby Latu » 17 years ago

I feel really bad. :cry: I have'nt been here in a long time and have been putting off for a while. I've been wondering how the forums have been going and I guess it's how I thought. :( Maybe I can get some more activity into the forums since I'm back though. :cool:
"Astro, you must exceed the limitations that humans cannot!
You must be go beyond nationality, ethnicity,
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!
Exceed these limitations created by man!
You must fly high! Higher than any human has ever flown before!
To reach for the future that no human has been able to so far!"
:tenma: :astro:

Latu
On a Flight into Space

Sparx wrote:are people at school or some thing?

To tell you the truth, I've been really busy. I'm also pretty worried about my school work, which I have to do now. :d oh:
BTW, nice post count now, Sparx. :)
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"Latu" wrote:I feel really bad. :cry: I have'nt been here in a long time and have been putting off for a while. I've been wondering how the forums have been going and I guess it's how I thought. :( Maybe I can get some more activity into the forums since I'm back though. :cool:

Nobody is solely responsible of any forum. A forum, by definition, is a gathering. You do not have to feel bad, it's not your fault. ;)

Latu
On a Flight into Space

K. ;)
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!

8-Bit Star
Kokoro Robot

Postby 8-Bit Star » 17 years ago

The main reason I don't post is because the only Astro Boy I'm familiar with is the 1980 series and the GBA Omega Factor game. If I had seen more, read more, played more, fed more, I would post more.

That being as it is, I don't think this forum is necessarily "dead." You want a dead forum? Try any of the Ultima forums. The main issue here is that forums become too familiar, you start to get into routines. It gets hard to come up with topics outside of the routine, especially if you're someone who only starts a topic when you have a question or are contributing something.

Maybe that's what we need: a few random, AB-related topics. Nothing important, nothing serious, just fun topics.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

"Latu" wrote:To tell you the truth, I've been really busy. I'm also pretty worried about my school work, which I have to do now. :d oh:
BTW, nice post count now, Sparx. :)

i'm going to go all the way;w00t:

"8-Bit Star" wrote:The main reason I don't post is because the only Astro Boy I'm familiar with is the 1980 series and the GBA Omega Factor game. If I had seen more, read more, played more, fed more, I would post more.

That being as it is, I don't think this forum is necessarily "dead." You want a dead forum? Try any of the Ultima forums. The main issue here is that forums become too familiar, you start to get into routines. It gets hard to come up with topics outside of the routine, especially if you're someone who only starts a topic when you have a question or are contributing something.

Maybe that's what we need: a few random, AB-related topics. Nothing important, nothing serious, just fun topics.

thats a realy good idia :) what do the mods think about it?

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

"DrFrag" wrote:His left and right legs swap over. I have to admit I needed to view all the frames to confirm this. :D

Won! :D Now about that special prize... I have nothing :blush:
I constructed the second half of frames by flipping the first half. So I knew the legs would be inverted. I feared it might ruin the animation, but it turned out it was almost unnoticeable.

"Astro Forever" wrote:I say the problem is his mouth (and maybe even his eyes).

This is an aesthetic problem I think, and I'll point an aesthetic problem as a mistake the day when pigs fly :p By the way, don't give jet boots to pigs, they might hurt themselves :shifty:

About dead forums, Sparx, I would say that a dead forum is a forum where the last post is 1 year old. A forum with at least 1 post each day is hardly dead ;) And a forum where a discussion on the topic "is that forum dead" is flooded is definitely not dead :D
<mathematic rambling>
This is mostly statistics. Let's say that many members lurk around with a given probability to post. On average there will be, let's say, 10 posts a day. But it is fairly possible that no member will post a given day, leading to 0 posts this day. On another day, the opposite will happen, and we will get, let's say, 20 posts, double than average ;) I won't give away formulaes (I am not very good in statistics anyway), but this would help to understand that there is a non zero probability that during a few consecutive days there are very few posts. It is called Gaussian distribution.
</mathematic rambling>
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"fafner" wrote:I constructed the second half of frames by flipping the first half. So I knew the legs would be inverted. I feared it might ruin the animation, but it turned out it was almost unnoticeable.

It is unnoticeable, I didn't even get what DrFrag meant. I also had to open it in my animation program to see it! :D

By the way, don't give jet boots to pigs, they might hurt themselves :shifty:

:eek: Pardon? :lol:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

"fafner" wrote:Here are 2 quickly done animated GIFs :D
Image Image
By the way, there is a mistake in the second one (where he is spining), special prize for who can spot it ;) I am the one who did the image, and while doing it I was thinking " oh yes, there will be that problem, I hope it won't be too visible :unsure: " And now, I can't even see it. I know it's there, but I don't see it :D

i didn't see this post ;) it's good, i've got to lean how to do this :rolleyes:

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

now all we need is astro doing the night feaver dance and my life will be complete XD
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!
as aproved by astro boy!
http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/
as aproved by astro boy!
ImageImageImage...what?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”