is this forum fading away?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 17 years ago

Mugen is for PC, and someone made an Astroboy Character for it. Mugen's a fighting game engine (like Street Fighter, Marvel VS Capcom, Samurai Shodown, etc.) , with a constantly growing downloadable character selection. Most of the arcade fighting games have been remade pretty accurately, so you could have Astro fighting hundreds of different enemies. You can also emulate the console games for NES, SNES and Gameboy Advance.
I posted a link to some screenshots of Astroboy in Mugen on the "Funny Astroboy dream" topic.

Anyway, I have all that stuff on my FTP, haven't gotten around to installing the new version of MUGEN yet, but from what I remember it's pretty easy to get it all going.
Last edited by Anapan on Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

i REALLY need MUGEN.i had a few ideas for many fighting games,INCLUDING an astroboy one...
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!
as aproved by astro boy!
http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/
as aproved by astro boy!
ImageImageImage...what?

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 17 years ago

The Windows XP version of Mugen was never released in a completed state, only a leaked Beta before the guys that made it dissapeared, so you need a modified executable to enable more characters.
ftp://ast:ast@atomu.ath.cx:6872/games/mugen/

Just google MUGEN to get more characters, levels and music.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

well, this form isn't dead any more ;)

wildpegasus
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby wildpegasus » 17 years ago

"DrFrag" wrote:There's been over 22,000 posts about Astroboy, so maybe we've covered everything. ;)

It comes and goes, I think. Forum activity picked up a lot after the new series started showing in 2004. I bet the same thing happens with the 2009 movie. Even more so, perhaps, as movies seem to get promoted more. Then after that there'll be a DVD release, more merchandising, etc.

I think things are going pretty well for a single-anime forum to be this active for years.

You can only talk about so much I guess. I think the forum's doing well myself.

I haven't been here for awhile so I'm not up to date on all the news. Has the Astroboy movie finally been confirmed as happening? 2009 is the set date? and is the director from Samurai Jack still directing?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

I don't have the answers, but glad to see you around, wildpegasus! :)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

"wildpegasus" wrote:You can only talk about so much I guess. I think the forum's doing well myself.

I haven't been here for awhile so I'm not up to date on all the news. Has the Astroboy movie finally been confirmed as happening? 2009 is the set date? and is the director from Samurai Jack still directing?

is it going to be in the cinma's?

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

"Anapan" wrote:The Windows XP version of Mugen was never released in a completed state, only a leaked Beta before the guys that made it dissapeared, so you need a modified executable to enable more characters.
ftp://ast:ast@atomu.ath.cx:6872/games/mugen/

Just google MUGEN to get more characters, levels and music.

thanks for the help,anapan.im probebly going to sprite the charecters myself,and (hopefully) the levels.and ive got the music covered (the entire soundtrack from the Arcade verison of "bloody roar",called "beastonizer").
once again,thanks for the help.
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!

as aproved by astro boy!

http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/

as aproved by astro boy!

ImageImageImage...what?

wildpegasus
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby wildpegasus » 17 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:I don't have the answers, but glad to see you around, wildpegasus! :)

Thank you.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

"wildpegasus" wrote:Thank you.

you've been a member here for awhile :cool:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”