Caption the picture game

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanations. I feel a lot more knowledgeable now! :lol:

Edit: that was the 2000th reply in this thread! :D

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 17 years ago

"fafner" wrote:Simple: other students have roughly no metal on them. Therefore if the switch is activated while it is another student's turn, nothing special happen :D

In the end it's a question about the way their deciduous teeth are growing. Braces are primarily made out of metal, thus...
:p

/edit: the 2001st entry now! :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"Strange Wings" wrote:/edit: the 2001st entry now! :D

I'd say it's the 2002nd entry: the front page says 2001 replies (make that 2002 after this message), but the very first post isn't a "reply" since it's, well, the first one... :blush: I don't know if I'm clear!

(I must have caught something from fafner, because here I am being all about logic and details! :lol: )

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

"fafner" wrote:Simple: other students have roughly no metal on them. Therefore if the switch is activated while it is another student's turn, nothing special happen :D
However, Astro will suddenly lose his balance and fall towards the podium :p irate: (depending on the power of the device)

I wonder how powerful a magnet I need to stick to my titanium hip without removing the tissue first? :lol:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

2005!!! :lol:

ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ChibiGoku » 17 years ago

Atom: Wait a second... If my body is supposed to appear like this during this frame, wouldn't that have meant the animator's purposely made my body like this, but in that process this is supposed to be an animation mistake, but at the same time my arms shouldn't be able to bend this way. But reality plus animation errors with the facts of the this being an anime but also animated weekly plus...plus....error...error...Malfuction...Malfuction...*stuck in pose*

(Don't ask XD))

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

I have one question to ask, what is Astro exactly doing in that picture? It’s odd.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

"Sparx" wrote:I have one question to ask, what is Astro exactly doing in that picture? It’s odd.

Just as I was about to reference one of my notes, I realized I am using my laptop, which does not have the notes. Hence, I cannot readily tell you which volume of the manga has the same story in it.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the image is from "Dream Selling Aliens" whose broadcasts are being received by the robots' brains. Imagine you are hit by an LSD ray: you would hallucinate & your perceptions would be impared. Watch "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" to get an idea of this. One minute you see yourself surrounded by people, the next, they have become lizards, insects, monsters, etc, & they are out to get you.

So, anyway the three children are imaging that they are kittens, then they do other things that one would not expect. They begin destroying their cabin (they are on an ocean liner) & the humans are freaking out wondering not only why this is happening, but what to do about it. But they are not alone, for all robots are affected.

Then the alien comes to collect the fee for the movies that you did not even order! :hyo:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Wow, thanks jeffbert ;)

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 17 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Just as I was about to reference one of my notes, I realized I am using my laptop, which does not have the notes. Hence, I cannot readily tell you which volume of the manga has the same story in it.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the image is from "Dream Selling Aliens" whose broadcasts are being received by the robots' brains. Imagine you are hit by an LSD ray: you would hallucinate & your perceptions would be impared. Watch "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" to get an idea of this. One minute you see yourself surrounded by people, the next, they have become lizards, insects, monsters, etc, & they are out to get you.

So, anyway the three children are imaging that they are kittens, then they do other things that one would not expect. They begin destroying their cabin (they are on an ocean liner) & the humans are freaking out wondering not only why this is happening, but what to do about it. But they are not alone, for all robots are affected.

Then the alien comes to collect the fee for the movies that you did not even order! :hyo:

At least in the manga, this is the funniest chapter of Astroboy I've read at the present moment. And the tender sequence where he flies away in a river of love, covered with a silk sheet, and then his mom comes from some kind of light... He embraces her and mutters "Mom...", then she puts him in a craddle... So tender! :heart: But then Astro turns into some kind of Itchy n' Scratchy-esque charchter... And destruction begins. Crazy Astro, cool Astro.

Return to “Games & Role Play”