Talk about all things Astro Boy!
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Welcome, Richardthebrave. :)

richardthebrave
Kokoro Robot

Postby richardthebrave » 17 years ago

"DrFrag" wrote:Welcome, Richardthebrave. :)

thanks! :w00t:

Spike
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spike » 17 years ago

Can't remember specific dates times ages but i know i've been an AstroBoy freak since i first watched it.

Oh and on another note......has anyone heard of Prince Planet???
Last edited by Spike on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
| ..SPIKE'S BIGGER!..__| | .......BEER TRUCK.....| ||´|";,___.
|_..._...__________/====|_..._..._______==|=||_|__|..., ] -
"(@)´(@)"""´´" *|(@)(@) "(@)´(@)"""´´"*|(@)(@)****(@)

Nikki
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nikki » 17 years ago

I discoverd Astro Boy by my mum she bought the videos for me and i watched them and when the DVDs came out we bought them :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

I was reintroduced to Astroboy by the now extinct YESTERDAYLAND.COM.

rauli
Kokoro Robot

Postby rauli » 17 years ago

I loved watching it as a kid on tv in the eighties when i was about 5-10 years old. I cannot remember anything else at the time that was like it. Recently, by accident I saw a madman astroboy DVD at the video store, it was not even in the correct shelf! Some fool picked it up and left it somewhere else, they don't know what they are missing! But, that act allowed me to see that dvd with its cover and all these memories of astroboy started to rush back, from 20 years ago! I felt like I was a kid again and boy the pleasure of the nostalgia! I thought as I grabbed that DVD case into my hands in awe, I have to rent this dvd and did not regret it. I am now renting as many as the rental video store has but will start buying the DVD's soon.

BTW, I got a dvd of the new episodes of astroboy...they did a fairly good job at keeping the old feel, but all them shadows on their faces and other effects just don't quite make it astroboy. I guess you can't improve on something that was great in the first place and the voices, not close enough to the original. Surely the original voice actors are still alive.

Thanks,
Rauli Kumpulainen

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"rauli" wrote:I loved watching it as a kid on tv in the eighties when i was about 5-10 years old. I cannot remember anything else at the time that was like it. Recently, by accident I saw a madman astroboy DVD at the video store, it was not even in the correct shelf! Some fool picked it up and left it somewhere else, they don't know what they are missing! But, that act allowed me to see that dvd with its cover and all these memories of astroboy started to rush back, from 20 years ago! I felt like I was a kid again and boy the pleasure of the nostalgia! I thought as I grabbed that DVD case into my hands in awe, I have to rent this dvd and did not regret it. I am now renting as many as the rental video store has but will start buying the DVD's soon.
Hopefully you can still get the full set, which includes great extras - such as Japanese episodes #1 and 2, half of them missing from the English version. :)

"rauli" wrote:BTW, I got a dvd of the new episodes of astroboy...they did a fairly good job at keeping the old feel, but all them shadows on their faces and other effects just don't quite make it astroboy. I guess you can't improve on something that was great in the first place and the voices, not close enough to the original. Surely the original voice actors are still alive.
Two of them certainly are (Skunk and Uran's voice actors came here).

I think most of us prefer the first version we saw.

Another good question in this topic would be: how did you find yourself interested in Astroboy again, years after having watched it on TV? In other words, how did you rediscovered Astroboy?

There are tons of shows I watched as a kid that I forgot I watched, and some of them, you'd pay me to watch them again and I wouldn't. :sick:

I personally never completely forgot the little metal boy who was probably my first TV crush! :wub: :blush: I watched the reruns several times, kept some episodes on tape for a while, and then erased them, thinking I was too old them. :rolleyes: I should have known better. I started getting interested in Astroboy again when I found Mark's old site (the first version of this one), and I was amazed to find out that all the episodes were available on tape in Australia! :o hmy: If it hadn't been for of the PAL format, I would have bought them right away, despite the huge delivery cost since I live in Canada! :lol: Then I more or less forgot Astro for a few years, since I had found and read pretty much everything there was about it on the Web.

I found the 2003 series by accident, and on a rerun happened to catch the ending again (I had seen some of those episodes earlier but because of the flashbacks, I had thought it was actually the beginning of the series). Even though I'm not a huge fan of the 2003 series, that part moved me ( :astro: hugging :tenma: ... awwwww! :heart: ) and made me google Astro again. I soon found this forum, thought I'd post a bit, and could never leave. :heart:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

Welcome to the forum, rauli.

rauli
Kokoro Robot

Postby rauli » 17 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Welcome to the forum, rauli.

Thank you jeffbert and thanks to the replies so far. I have accounts with lots of forums but unlike them will try to be active on this forum.

Are you saying astroforever that the madman release of the original astroboy was a limited or low volume release?

Thanks,
Rauli

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

Wow, Astro forever is happy by the look of all the smiles, I think you hit her very interests of Astro boy Rauli ;) .

Welcome! And have a great time.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”