did the astro boy movie made u cry?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

did the astro boy movie made u cry?

Postby AstroBoyGF » 14 years ago

hey i'm wondering...did the astro boy movie made u cry? it made me cry! i was crying like idk...4-5 times!

HollowWings
Kokoro Robot

Postby HollowWings » 14 years ago

lol nope. It was cute though <3

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 14 years ago

Oh, I got a little choked up, but only at the very end, because it was beautiful and pastoral and, for once, "my" Astroboy.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Same...got a lil choked up (if not outright crying) and it was touching. For me, Dr. Elefun's interactions with Astro, and also Tenma nearing the end, were what did it the most. And Astro's bravery.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

yes....

AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

I almost shed a tear when Dr. Tenma had to remove the blue core from Astro and when Astro had to "shut down"... That was a very touching scene. Also, when ZOG tried to revive Astro near the very end of the movie.
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Oh yes, forgot to mention the Zog scene. That was extremely touching also.

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MegaAstroFan75 » 14 years ago

Nah, no tears. It was cute, but not particularly touching, not more so than other dramatic kids films. Personally, though I expected it, the rift between Tenma and Astro wasn't as great or as long lasting as in other incarnations. Now that would seem picky of me, but it has more impact when after 49 episodes of being an evil genius he finally turns around and sees Astro for who he truly is.

Yes the end of Astro Boy 03 was very touching. Tenma was so broken he just wanted to kill himself and Astro saved him and forgave him, and it showed just how tortured a soul Tenma was and how Astro recognized Tenma as his creator and father despite all Tenma had done.

P.S. Oh hey! Scriptboy! Didn't notice you there.

TobyTenmaFan
Kokoro Robot

Postby TobyTenmaFan » 14 years ago

I almost cried when Toby died, and when Tenma was going to remove the core. I thought he just wasn't going to do it, but he did, and then came back and put it back in. I also thought he was going to really die at the end. At first, I thought, "Maybe it won't kill him?" Then I saw he was dead, and I almost cried, and then ZOG came and revived him and I was happy. lol
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

I got a little choked up when Tenma was removing his power core. Not just because he was removing it, but because when he said "I'm sorry" all Astro had to say was "Don't be. I just wish I could've been a better Toby." :cry: And then of course, there's the moment when he's sacrificing himself and his life flashes before his eyes.There's also when as he's about to sacrifice himself and just before he slams into the Peacekeeper, he has this sad face on him :cry:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”