Astro Boy for Toys for Tots?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Astro Boy for Toys for Tots?

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Here's an idea. As a way to both help less unfortunate children and to increase awareness to Astro Boy, we should buy Astro Boy movie toys and donate them to Toys for Tots. (or whatever Christmas charity you have) I really really wish I had the money to do this but I thought maybe I could bring up the idea to everyone here. Maybe someone here can do it. What do you guys think?

TobyTenmaFan
Kokoro Robot

Postby TobyTenmaFan » 14 years ago

If I had money, I'd totally do that. But I only have $63 or so and I need to a buy a birthday present for two of my friends next month and birthday presents for people next month.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Hmmm... This is a pretty awesome idea. I'm trying to get together some ideas for some different giving this holiday season (as I know the economy and such has been especially bad this year), so I may put this one on my list. =) Great way to make some unfortunate kids happy (and who knows - they might grow up to be Astro fans). I haven't checked out the current toy line yet.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

I'll do it!!! I'll sooo do this. although its gonna be heard not to keep the toys hehe.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

TobyTenmaFan
Kokoro Robot

Postby TobyTenmaFan » 14 years ago

I'd wanna keep them, too! lol But you gotta be generous. Think of all the new Astro Boy fans we could create by giving unfortunate kids Astro toys! Ha ha.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Me and the wife will do it!

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

awww my daughter said she'll do it then put her astro plushy she got from toys r us and handed it to me
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

AAAAAWWW!! :cry:

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

GrrR. The Toy for Tots drive in this area didn't really gear up well this year and is apparently already over. I was able to give a hopefully helpful monetary donation online earlier in the month (and also donate some animal plushies via a National Wildlife Federation special program that was going on), but I never got to donate actual picked out toys (including Astro ones) - it appears our Wal-Mart didn't have a bin this year as it did in years past, and I guess the drive is over as of last week. =o/ Anybody else feel like their Toys for Tots was scaled down this year, or is it just us? (My town isn't even decorating for Christmas this year as the state is so strapped for cash [rural northwestern PA] - I think charities are being hit hard too).

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Economy's still pretty bad so it sadly wouldn't surprise me

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”