80s series boxset

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

80s series boxset

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

I know there is an American set that has all the episodes in Japanese (minus the first two) and that there's an Australian set that ONLY has the first two in Japanese but which company is it?
I know one company is Manga and the other is Madman. Which one is the American set? I want to say Manga but I'm not 100% sure

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

MANGA Entertainment = USA version.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Thank You very much! And the American version does have it in Japanese, right?

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Yes, the MANGA US set has episodes in both English audio and Japanese audio with English subtitles. It's a really nice set - only thing really lacking is the 2-episode Japanese pilot that the Australian Madman set has. (But I don't believe the Madman set has the Japanese audio for most episodes; only those first 2; the rest is English audio only, so I still like the MANGA US set for the Japanese audio and subtitles).

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

AWESOME! Thank You. Yes, out of the two, I'd rather have the Manga set. (Especially since I downloaded the two episodes ;p)

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 14 years ago

The US 1980s series box set is nice, I have it and enjoy watching it (both in English and Japanese). :heart:

Because I was new to Astro Boy the first time I watched it (had only seen the movie in theaters) I got confused when they didn't expain why Astro's eyes blinked for a time in the beginning and episodes with Atlas referenced to something I hadn't seen. It was easy to guess about the missing episodes. Once I found and watched the episodes on YouTube things made more sense. :)

:astro:

JumpJump
Kokoro Robot

Postby JumpJump » 14 years ago

and it's definitely worth the purchase! (: I suggest you check amazon for good prices.

I got the set for Christmas and I love it!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”