The epic quest for fansubs

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Glad to hear it wasn't too bad a situation for you, AstroRex. The ISO's of all 6 discs are just over 29 GB. The AVI's of all 23 episodes are just under 12 GB. So yeah, pretty sizable all the way around. Compressing might help a *little* bit, but not much. I'm told the AVI's could probably be redone much smaller with the right software.

AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

Oh! ofile.com has a Basic plan for 30GB for $ 4.95. That might be an idea...

I would need to check their terms of service....
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

oowwww, that is bigger them my web servers harddrive, I might beable to host some small stuff but not multi gigabyte files, sorry.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

actuley if you use mpeg4 (divx) you will get a lot better compression, just don't set the bit rate to low

I had a formulla that would give the optimal bitrate but I can't remember what it was.

Bad Username
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bad Username » 14 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm not dead, but I did lose my internet connection for nearly a month (I expect to lose it again any time now; thank you for your numerous public utility violations, AT&T! I hope your company gets sued into oblivion!), then my power supply died (ouch!), then I got hit by a car, and lost income because of it. I've had a bad month, but I'm getting back on track with the series.

[EDIT]

By the way, I'm using 3-pass encoding with every option cranked to maximum quality at 1536 kbps. Audio is directly copied from source instead of re-encoded. I'm going to release MP4 versions as soon as I find a spec-compliant tool that isn't crippled or completely impossible to use.
Last edited by Bad Username on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Bad Username, very glad to hear you're okay! But sorry for the supremely terrible and probably Guiness Record worthy month... I hope your luck reverses!

Also, thanks for the update!

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 14 years ago

Oh my! :o hmy: I hope your feeling and doing better!!! :heart:
:astro:

Raul2106
Kokoro Robot

Postby Raul2106 » 14 years ago

Astro Rex I have a rapidshare account, if you would like to use it to upload the 24 episodes you have let me know?!

AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

Hey, sgupta is the one with the files. I also have an account on ofile.com, which DOES allow for videos to be uploaded.
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

I'd be glad to upload them again if someone can provide a space and hosting them won't be an issue!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”