I'm confused. Can someone help please?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

I'm confused. Can someone help please?

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Alright, I was told that Manga Entertainment released a box set of the 80s series including the Japanese audio so I looked it up on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Boy-Collection-Box-Set/dp/B000AQKU6S/ref=pd_cp_d_1
this is what I found. It says it's from Manga, but says it only comes in English. Can someone clear this up for me please?
to add to the confusion, I just found this review for it http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releases/Astroboy-Complete-Series/5266 that says they include the Japanese version but links to Amazon that says it's only in Enlglish! ><
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Hey DragonRider,

I bought my copy from here (and it's cheaper, though shipping might be a tad slower), but I'm 99% sure it's the same thing:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/productID/EA4623A1-D7D3-4CCF-A7D9-8525521EA12D/

My copy is *definitely* the Manga release (Manga Entertainment & Anchor Bay).

And YES, it has both English & Japanese audio (with English subtitles)!

(If you have any other questions about this set, ask away. I'm still on the 2003 series so haven't watched it yet, but I'd be glad to look for you.)

The only thing this set doesn't have that I know of is the original 2-part pilot. Apparently if you buy the Australian set (tin), it's included in that, but I don't believe the Australian set has the Japanese audio, so this to me is the nicer set.

Hope this helps!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Thank you muchly! :) And thanks for introducing me to this website. They take Credit Card?

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Yes they do (or PayPal or another option I think). I usually check Amazon and DeepDiscount to see which has the better price and go with whichever that is.

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 14 years ago

The image on Amazon.com looks exactly like the set I bought at a local store. I read some of the Amazon.com reviews listed and they confirm that even though the product description only mentions English audio it does include Japanese audio as well. The Manga Entertainment's box set should be red 8 disc box set just like the image Amazon.com shows. I have watched all 8 discs of mine a couple times since purchasing it and it is the version with the first two episodes cut up and Japanese/English audio options. :heart:

I hope that helps! :cool:
:astro:
Last edited by animegirlalways on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”