Imagi US shuts down

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

"animegirlalways" wrote:[QUOTE=diehard67;96537]
"Alittleacorn" wrote:
"Laughing Dragon" wrote:
"Saint Atom" wrote:I know you guys will disagree, but I think they got what they deserved after destroying Astro Boy in that God-awful film

If it weren't for that "god-awful" film, I wouldn't have sought out this message board or consider myself a new Astro Boy fan. Make of that what you will.

Yeah if i hadn't seen that film I wouldn't be a fan right now, joined to a forum site and wanting to collect the mangas :heart: all in a month how about that lol

sorta the same situation for me, after I saw the movie I rememberd waching astro as a kid, and being intencly curious like I am I started searching around the internet and triped over astroboy-online.com.

and I have been haveing a great deal of fun here ever scence

The movie was what made me a fan too. :D I'd heard of Astro Boy before, but had never watched it until I saw the movie (luckly I saw a rare preview or I may not have ever watched the movie :cry :) . I'll admit I like the 2003 and 1980s Astro Boy more than the movie (the 2003 is my favorite of all :heart :) , but I loved the movie enough to go out and buy the 2003 and 1980s DVD box sets, the movie soundtrack, join this forum, and I plan to buy the movie on blu-ray 3/16/2010.[/QUOTE]
I fallow this trend. I always liked the older show (watched it on adult swim), but after the movie I started to search out more Astro boy.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

The movie didn't make me a fan, (I've been a fan since I discovered the manga in 2003) but it totally helped keep up my fandom.
BTW LLM, love your little paper dolls ^^

Saint Atom
Kokoro Robot

Postby Saint Atom » 14 years ago

Well I'm really glad you guys are fans now and that some good came from the movie but otherwise I see it as a colossal disappointment. I think many will agree that it can't match any of the previous versions in many respects. It was a mediocre 75 minute film designed for parents to get their kids to pipe down for a while with astro's face slapped on to draw in an even broader audience of old fans as well--- but that's just how I see it so don't hate me for my opinion, I really love astro. :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hyo: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

No argument that it doesn't match up to the previous versions, but that doesn't make it bad

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:No argument that it doesn't match up to the previous versions, but that doesn't make it bad

I actually like it better than any of the previous versions. Astro seemed more real to me in the movie than he ever did in any of the anime - although I like the animes as well. But that's just me.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:[QUOTE=Laughing Dragon;96523][QUOTE=Saint Atom;96514]I know you guys will disagree, but I think they got what they deserved after destroying Astro Boy in that God-awful film

If it weren't for that "god-awful" film, I wouldn't have sought out this message board or consider myself a new Astro Boy fan. Make of that what you will.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if i hadn't seen that film I wouldn't be a fan right now, joined to a forum site and wanting to collect the mangas :heart: all in a month how about that lol[/QUOTE]

Fully agreed with both of you! That film got me familiar with the character amd now I'm collecting the anime (and movie), the manga (starting the first volume soon), books, figures etc. It's very rare I find a character/series I truly love, and this is one of the few for me (two really) - and the movie sparked all of it.

I can certainly appreciate some won't like the film, etc., and yes, some things were changed for a movie audience (though less than I would have expected), but to say it's objectively God-awful and the studio got what it deserves seems harsh to me (though I respect your opinion). There are a lot of films most people love that I just don't care for (I'll list Twilight as an example, or even Lord of the Rings which was enjoyable enough for me but nothing I particularly care to see again). *shrugs* Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I felt Astro Boy did a *lot* more right than it did wrong and was just a ton of fun and a great introduction for Astro newbies.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”