A question for someone tech-savvy...

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:[QUOTE=Laughing Dragon;96656][QUOTE=Alittleacorn;96647]A plain background!? Ack, can do better than that Dragon. I'll look for something. =D

Btw, what music did you want playing with it?

I've already got logon music; would it be possible to keep that without messing up the animation?[/QUOTE]

Sure that'll be possible! Keep in mind though this might take a few days to do ^-^.[/QUOTE]

Oh take all the time you need! And thanks!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

One last question, this video desktop thing, does it play the video through once when you lock in and then use the last remaining frame as the background or does it go round in a loop?

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Edit: Oh lookie what I found here =D http://www.stardock.com/products/deskscapes/ A way to get video desktops, haven't tried it yet though. Cool!!!! Sgupta mentioned a program called Dreamscenes for Vista that can take a video and turn it into a background...maybe it's the same thing? A plain blue background, or any color plain background, would work for me. I don't know exactly how to give you one though...

Vista's Dreamscenes was built in, but after a bit more research, it looks like it may have only been bundled with Ultimate. I don't think it's in other versions, and I don't think it's in any version of Windows 7 either oddly. I believe there are workarounds to get this working on other versions of Windows. It just takes any .mpg video file and makes it the background (looping it). Deskscapes is a commercial product (and I've used it) that can do a bit more than that and just expands DreamScenes capabilities a bit [and also works on XP and I think 7 in addition to any version of Vista]. (I use Deskscapes myself - personally I use it around Christmas to put a static background image [TARDIS in my case] and falling snow).
Last edited by sgupta on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

A littleacorn, it loops constantly. Generally the ones included with Dreamscenes (or Deskscapes for that matter) are things like a flickering flame or the ocean going in or out or even a rollercoaster that ends at the starting point that are made to loop fairly seemlessly (ie it looks continuous).

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”