Okay, now I'm TICKED

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Okay, now I'm TICKED

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

So I went to my local Blockbuster store today to buy Astro Boy. I had a gift card I intended to use, and in fact, had saved it just for this special purchase. And what does the clerk at the store tell me? That the movie hadn't come in, that there was a delay in shipping, and it probably wouldn't be in until the weekend!

**** YOU BLOCKBUSTER!!!

I still intend to use the gift card for the DVD, but after that, I'm getting all my DVDs from Amazon. No wonder Blockbuster is having financial troubles! It's lost MY business for sure! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

=( I'm sorry to hear that. I remember this other girl telling me that about the Darkside chronicles game she wanted, drove her crazy. I always get dvds or games soon to be released online because there's a good chance of getting exactly on the day or before.

;_; sadly I can't get the movie for months yet, but i'm really tempted to buy an import of it cause i want to see those two new scenes! T.T

And Blockbusters is lame, the one near me just sells stuff now barely anything to rent! @_@

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

I live in a small town - we don't even have a Blockbuster (we had an FYE - not sure if it's still there...), so online's generally the way to go. Mine shipped today in fact. =) Prolly still be a few days til I get it, but we'll see - Amazon's usually pretty snappy.

Good luck - hopefully it'll be in by the weekend for ya!

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks guys. I know I maybe made more of a fuss than I should have, but I'm on kind of a mini-vacation right now, and I was really looking forward to seeing the movie again - several times - during my time off. So it was really a let-down. Oh well, I'll live :p Thanks for the sympathy. :)

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:Thanks guys. I know I maybe made more of a fuss than I should have, but I'm on kind of a mini-vacation right now, and I was really looking forward to seeing the movie again - several times - during my time off. So it was really a let-down. Oh well, I'll live :p Thanks for the sympathy. :)

Well my Blu ray copy just arrived from Amazon! :w00t:
I'm gonna watch it right now! I have some Corn chips and cherry Zero! :santa: :lol: :astro:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

I'm going to sneak it past my wife...oops, I bet she's reading this right now!
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

I preordered it from barns and nobles online with some of the manga. It ships tomorrow but I will be gone on a school trip before it arrives. :(

EDIT: It shipped today! It will make it before I leave! :w00t:
Last edited by LLM on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"cybotron" wrote:[QUOTE=Laughing Dragon;96678]Thanks guys. I know I maybe made more of a fuss than I should have, but I'm on kind of a mini-vacation right now, and I was really looking forward to seeing the movie again - several times - during my time off. So it was really a let-down. Oh well, I'll live :p Thanks for the sympathy. :)

Well my Blu ray copy just arrived from Amazon! :w00t:
I'm gonna watch it right now! I have some Corn chips and cherry Zero! :santa: :lol: :astro: [/QUOTE]

Good for you! That's what I should have done, but I have this gift card...

Anyway, could you let us know (without spoilers) if the extras are any good?

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

You guys know what else is bad? In Canada, we have a wacky law about "putting French and English on all domestic-made products", except for books and CDs. I always hated this because it crowded up DVD covers.

So, the French title for the movie was just "Astro". In the end, we have ASTRO BOY ASTRO on the front and side of the DVD, with two summaries and two front quotes. The only upside is that I'll get to hear the French dub... :(
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Oh man, that sucks. This is how Blockbuster fights against Netflicks? No wonder they're doing so badly.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”