thoughts about the astro boy movie dvd

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

I picked up a copy of the movie at Bestbuy today and they had a ton of them! I haven't watched it yet, but they definitely have them in stock! The DVD looks VERY cool!!!
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:I got the astro boy movie today!!!!!!!!

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to wait till after work to get mine. was gonna get it on amazon then I remembered that if I get it the day it comes out at walmart its 15-16 bucks so meh...

such the worthness to wait though. Such quality, such beauty, such...such...*Cuddles astro.* I've been waiting for years for this movie!! Now its in my hands. *Cries.* I've fallen in love all over again *Kisses the case.*

Nora, your adorable. :)

maby we should have a cutest fangirl contest lol

I could try my hardest, and wager my life against you hun, but I'd still fall short *Bows respectfully.*

you would win aganst me for 2 reasons, first I am not cute, second I am not a girl lol, well maby I can be cute depending on how you define cute.

I meant for the group to have a contest to determine wich of the fangirls on here is the cutest.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

"cybotron" wrote::lol: :lol: :ninja:
The Blu Ray is beautiful! I feel the sound is far better than what we had at the theater. And the Picture seems to have more detail. This is just the best Astroboy production ever! :w00t:
The Extras are great! There is extra animation also as everyone knows by now! It'll all be free online before a fortnight no doubt. :lol:
But the Blu Ray is just beautiful! :wub: :tenma:

Glad to hear it! Yeah, Blu Ray in my experience is better quality than I've seen personally at the theater, at least the movie theaters around here (but we have a pretty rundown one as I'm in a fairly rural area). Still, I'm sure the DVD is great too.

As far as Blu Ray players being expensive, astrogirl91, they're actually coming down quite a lot - you can get a pretty good player now for $100 or so (still a bit of a purchase, but MUCH cheaper than it used to be), and prices are sure to fall further, probably this year and definitely in a couple, so never say never. Eventually they'll be as cheap as DVD players. ^.^ (Of course, you'll only benefit if your TV can output HD in the first place; if not, there's not much benefit over DVD besides possibly audio.)

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Also, an option for some:

I noticed Astro Boy is available on Amazon Unbox, an online streaming site from Amazon.com. You can rent it for $3.99 or buy it for $14.99 (slightly higher costs for the HD version). Devices like Roku or TiVo's, as well as some TV's, support this service, and you can watch on any computer with a streaming connection as well. It's a pretty cool way to watch movies, but keep in mind it's JUST the movie, not any of the extras.

I watch some TV shows through that service (that I can't get a high quality feed over satellite for) and it's a pretty neat service, but of course for true fans, owning the DVD/Blu-Ray is preferable because of the extras.

AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

Look for the "special features" section on the DVD and you'll get a real treat: interviews with the actors and animators, and two short animated features. I especially liked "Astro vs. The Junkyard Pirates". It also has a section on how to draw Astro, the Astro image gallery, and how they designed Metro City. Overall, I thought the DVD was well worth it!
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

I saw the shorts. I get the feeling off of them that "Brand new shorts" was a fancy way of saying "Deleted scenes" XD But they were still cool

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:I saw the shorts. I get the feeling off of them that "Brand new shorts" was a fancy way of saying "Deleted scenes" XD But they were still cool

Oh you mean they're deleted scenes? I thought they just got added on with the rest of the movie like an extention like they did with Lord of the Rings.

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 14 years ago

The interviews were good. I thought the actors did an excelent job. Especially Donald Sutherland. His voice worked great for President Stone.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Watching those interviews made me realize why the movie was so well received in the U.K. Half the cast is British! To say nothing of the Director
"Alittleacorn" wrote:[QUOTE=Dragonrider1227;96737]I saw the shorts. I get the feeling off of them that "Brand new shorts" was a fancy way of saying "Deleted scenes" XD But they were still cool

Oh you mean they're deleted scenes? I thought they just got added on with the rest of the movie like an extention like they did with Lord of the Rings.[/QUOTE]

No, the shorts appear to take place during the movie, but are in the Special Features section and not actually in the movie

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

I am rily surprised astroboygf hasn't said something about the movie yet???????????

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”