139 Atom Stolen

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
User avatar
jeffbert
Minister of Science
Posts: 12290
Joined: 17 years ago

139 Atom Stolen

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

By request, here are a few images:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Essentially, the same plot as the manga version. :astro:
Image

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 10 years ago

Image


So okay if one of those are Uran...who is the other?
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

User avatar
AprilSeven
Moderator
Posts: 3783
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Orange County, NY

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Jeffbert you are the BEST!!!

As an artist, I have to say -- this is honestly close to what I imagined. I thought they might "de-spike" him, but hey, he wouldn't be Astro anymore! How cool they did the same to Cobalt and Uran. And of course Uran has an impossible Barbie Doll figure!! Thanks Osamu!

I think I figured the manga for this episode is in Dark Horse volume 10? I've got to get this so I can read the story. I wonder why they didn't leave them all adults. . . hmmm
I guess he's more universally appealing (less threatening?) as a little boy, but I would have enjoyed the storyline continuing with a whole new set of situations with him as a grown-up. Thanks again for sharing.

Oh -- does he still have the jet boots and speedos? And flies? ...

User avatar
jeffbert
Minister of Science
Posts: 12290
Joined: 17 years ago

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

"Nora" wrote:
Image


So okay if one of those are Uran...who is the other?

The plan is to have Atom, U, & C, transfer their consciousness into the more mature bodies. Then the weirdos steal Atom's little body, etc. The two weirdos are planning to use the original Atom body to gain access to bank vaults, etc so they can make off with the loot. After all, everybody trusts Atom, so they all give him (his body) access--

The older bodies are inhabited by other AIs. Uran wants her older version to become her big sister. :lol:
"AprilSeven" wrote:Jeffbert you are the BEST!!!

As an artist, I have to say -- this is honestly close to what I imagined. I thought they might "de-spike" him, but hey, he wouldn't be Astro anymore! How cool they did the same to Cobalt and Uran. And of course Uran has an impossible Barbie Doll figure!! Thanks Osamu!

I think I figured the manga for this episode is in Dark Horse volume 10? I've got to get this so I can read the story. I wonder why they didn't leave them all adults. . . hmmm
I guess he's more universally appealing (less threatening?) as a little boy, but I would have enjoyed the storyline continuing with a whole new set of situations with him as a grown-up. Thanks again for sharing.

Oh -- does he still have the jet boots and speedos? And flies? ...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
AprilSeven
Moderator
Posts: 3783
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Orange County, NY

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

Wow, that is a great storyline -- GOTTA get the manga! Looks like adult AB can't fly anymore. Wonder if this was one of Tezuka's concepts or that of one of his writers...

soooo cool -- might have to change my Avatar to grown-up Atom :)

Sent my old best friend the link to this site and one of the images -- she's gonna plotz! Thank you so much! Might be cool to archive stills from different episodes so we can peruse them (I'm also fascinated by the baby episode -- I had NO IDEA Chi-Tan existed until I saw the dubbed episode on YouTube.

User avatar
jeffbert
Minister of Science
Posts: 12290
Joined: 17 years ago

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Wow, that is a great storyline -- GOTTA get the manga! Looks like adult AB can't fly anymore. Wonder if this was one of Tezuka's concepts or that of one of his writers...

soooo cool -- might have to change my Avatar to grown-up Atom :)

Sent my old best friend the link to this site and one of the images -- she's gonna plotz! Thank you so much! Might be cool to archive stills from different episodes so we can peruse them (I'm also fascinated by the baby episode -- I had NO IDEA Chi-Tan existed until I saw the dubbed episode on YouTube.
I never knew of a dubbed episode about Chitan, do you have a link?
Image

User avatar
Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space
Posts: 1630
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: *LOUD INTERNAL SCREAMING*

Postby Little Brown Fox » 10 years ago

... Big Astro is kinda creepy; he kind of scares me a little... weird chills and... ugh...
I see Grown-Up Cobalt still has that dumb, dopey-looking face. He's not a looker, is he? But I'd love to see more pictures of him... the real Cobalt, I mean.
lolwut

User avatar
AprilSeven
Moderator
Posts: 3783
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Orange County, NY

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;97393]Wow, that is a great storyline -- GOTTA get the manga! Looks like adult AB can't fly anymore. Wonder if this was one of Tezuka's concepts or that of one of his writers...

soooo cool -- might have to change my Avatar to grown-up Atom :)

Sent my old best friend the link to this site and one of the images -- she's gonna plotz! Thank you so much! Might be cool to archive stills from different episodes so we can peruse them (I'm also fascinated by the baby episode -- I had NO IDEA Chi-Tan existed until I saw the dubbed episode on YouTube.
I never knew of a dubbed episode about Chitan, do you have a link?[/QUOTE]


Ooops, I didn't describe that accurately -- it was 193, The Greatest Adventure on Earth I found subbed on YouTube (good ol' WingedMushroomOfDoom) at the very end of part 3 (last of the three links below) you see a baby in AB's mother's arms -- the comments mention his name and I ended up HERE where I saw the stills from the actual episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7RpXKOFEpI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLmLQbltLU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWEftox_cuk&feature=related

User avatar
AprilSeven
Moderator
Posts: 3783
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Orange County, NY

Postby AprilSeven » 10 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:... Big Astro is kinda creepy; he kind of scares me a little... weird chills and... ugh...
I see Grown-Up Cobalt still has that dumb, dopey-looking face. He's not a looker, is he? But I'd love to see more pictures of him... the real Cobalt, I mean.


Nooooo way! He's an Astro-Hunk! :w00t: He looks a bit like "Future the Robot" -- and when I saw Future I remember thinking "hmmm he looks like a grown up version of Astro"

Okay now what WOULD be creepy is Senior Citizen Astro

User avatar
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space
Posts: 1808
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: England

Postby Alittleacorn » 10 years ago

I always wondered what Astro would look like as an adult lol.

Say, I don't know what it is about older Astro but he reminds me of certian someone.
Image


Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests