What would have happened?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

What would have happened?

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

Just how much of a change would have happened if Astro was given the red core instead of the blue?

(Fan Fiction Idea lol)
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

He would be very evil and probably destroy everything in his path..... and kill everybody :eek:
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

It would not be nice, that's for sure. I don't think he'd have the assymullation feature like the peace keeper though.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

I might be possible that he would be struggling with the evil within himself.

I still didn't see the movie... Is the will of the robots within the red/blue cores? Or both robots do have their own will, which may be fed by the intrinsic power of the cores?
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

I think Astro would have fought the worst of the red core's impulses, once he realized what was happening. He's more sophisticated than the robot the core eventually went to, and has more free will.

There's a scene in the excellent Astro Boy-based comic Pluto where:

SPOILER SPACE

Astro is killed, then is revived by Dr. Tenma. Tenma manages to do that by inserting a strong emotion - in this case, hatred - to level out all the other emotions fighting for dominance inside Astro. (A highly-sophisticated robot that can't choose a dominant emotion out of its programming will never "wake up" - become a conscious being. Too much data paralyzes a robot's programming.) At first, it looks like Astro will never be the same - he's quick to anger, to say the least...but in the end, he recovers himself. I think it's logical to think that the Astro in the movie would behave similarly.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:I think Astro would have fought the worst of the red core's impulses, once he realized what was happening. He's more sophisticated than the robot the core eventually went to, and has more free will.

There's a scene in the excellent Astro Boy-based comic Pluto where:

SPOILER SPACE

Astro is killed, then is revived by Dr. Tenma. Tenma manages to do that by inserting a strong emotion - in this case, hatred - to level out all the other emotions fighting for dominance inside Astro. (A highly-sophisticated robot that can't choose a dominant emotion out of its programming will never "wake up" - become a conscious being. Too much data paralyzes a robot's programming.) At first, it looks like Astro will never be the same - he's quick to anger, to say the least...but in the end, he recovers himself. I think it's logical to think that the Astro in the movie would behave similarly.

Which manga was that one in?

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

He might've turned into Atlas

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Oh and it was the robot who had adaptive technology not the core itself. I had to go back and watch that again.

Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fairlane12 » 14 years ago

Dannavy, will you please do this as a Fan Fiction

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 14 years ago

I need to read this Fan Fiction. :D

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”