Anyone ever seen this image?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=karl0s;98712]Anyone else notice the "EEEEYAH!!" isn't coming from Tenma? Gotta feel for the person getting shot at.

Hope its not Astro[/QUOTE]

Don't worry...in that scene, Tenma (called Boynton in the comic) was paranoid that the military was after him, because he borrowed money from them to build Astro. I don't have this issue yet, but I'm pretty sure this is when he really snaps and packs heat on the army.

Just so everyone knows, I'm the girl who did all those reviews. :lol: They're at a standstill until I manage to get issues 8 and 9, which are the highlights of insanity in the comic (one of which contains that Tenma panel), but it's hard to find either one for sale.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 14 years ago

So he's shooting at the army? Good luck with that, i'm sure the army would appreciate it :eek:
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

If you want my opinion, from what I heard, the American comics sucks a**.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

"Faram45" wrote:I know this is off topic but does Astro ever use his machine gun behind in the 2003 series?

I don't think so, not even in the unedited subtitled series.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

I agree

Postby UraniumxAtom » 14 years ago

"Anime Girl 14" wrote:[QUOTE=Faram45;98714]I know this is off topic but does Astro ever use his machine gun behind in the 2003 series?

I don't think so, not even in the unedited subtitled series.[/QUOTE]
But you know what? He does get to use them in Astro Boy :O mega Factor for the gameboy, and THATS FUN. <3 Its my favorite attack because it stuns enemies AND hurts them badly. :3
http://www.petitiononline.com/675489/petition.html[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2186&dateline=1273333429[/sigpic]
Click the link!

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

Sadly, I have seen this before.

Even more sadly, I no longer own these comics. (Sad, only in the fact that I'd love to still have them to see how ridiculous they were...)

:tenma: TENMA'S PACKIN' HEAT!
*dust*

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;98713][QUOTE=karl0s;98712]Anyone else notice the "EEEEYAH!!" isn't coming from Tenma? Gotta feel for the person getting shot at.

Don't worry...in that scene, Tenma (called Boynton in the comic) was paranoid that the military was after him, because he borrowed money from them to build Astro. I don't have this issue yet, but I'm pretty sure this is when he really snaps and packs heat on the army.

Just so everyone knows, I'm the girl who did all those reviews. :lol: They're at a standstill until I manage to get issues 8 and 9, which are the highlights of insanity in the comic (one of which contains that Tenma panel), but it's hard to find either one for sale.[/QUOTE]

Someone's got the complete series on ebay for like $35.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ASTRO-BOY-ORIGINAL-NOW-1-20-KEN-STEACY-complete-set-/200467704824?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eacce6bf8

there is also someone selling individual issues of 8 & 9 and a few others for $4 each - http://cgi.ebay.com/ASTRO-BOY-8-Now-1987-Ken-Steach-Robots-Manga-VFN-NM-/350293289553?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item518f1b6a51

This one has 16 hours left, but I bet they'll put them back up if they don't sell.

I am REALLY restraining myself from buying them just to remember how awful they were...
*dust*

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Hey Fauna -- you did a GREAT job!!

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;98713][QUOTE=karl0s;98712]Anyone else notice the "EEEEYAH!!" isn't coming from Tenma? Gotta feel for the person getting shot at.

Just so everyone knows, I'm the girl who did all those reviews. :lol: They're at a standstill until I manage to get issues 8 and 9, which are the highlights of insanity in the comic (one of which contains that Tenma panel), but it's hard to find either one for sale.[/QUOTE]

Wow it's so cool to "meet" you-- I laughed myself silly (and pretty much "cried" over the sorry mess they made out of Astro's saga). No wonder Tezuka Co. is so nervous about letting people get their hands on Astro's image!

I remember on one page there was a panel showing Astor Boynton building a sand castle with his [human] mother -- and she DID look like Astor [the only thing they got "right"]. In fact you made a comment about crab ogling her and I thought I'd die laughing.

Thanks for sharing all that -- it was a hoot! :heart: :astro:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Silvester Stallon is Dr. Tenma! :lol:

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

He better to be called Tenmanator

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”