24, Oh, Miri's Unmarried Person! (Jetter Mars)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

24, Another Miri

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

I post this thread now because elsewhere we were discussing robots as disposable objects, rather than persons.

This is Salome; hers is a story of terror and continual fear. If her name seems familiar, a certain religion has one such named girl ask for a certain man's head on a platter. :d evil:

The story as Salome tells it.

Sadistic captors give the condemned prisoners only one window, & this is the view from thence. :cry:

The tripping man is (as I suppose) Salome's creator. My notes indicate his name is Seshimo.

Delving further into the past:
My guess is, that this is a robot rights rally.

Gestapo-types; Third Reich & such.

I suspect this may have been inspired by #079, Dr. Brain (070, Super Brain), as both use the artificial brain & the bad guys trying to destroy it as plot elements.

More to come--
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 10 years ago

One of the things I’ve enjoyed about this episode is that Mars, Miri and Dr. Kawashimo used their strength to help Saromi. It’s really nice to see them working together. It was especially nice to see Miri use her ability to restore broken machinery after a long while of not using it.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m think the title “もう一人の美理”( Mōhitori no Miri) translates to “Another Miri”. I think Mōhitori means another in Japanese. It does kind of makes more sense than “Oh, Miri’s Unmarried Person” because by the end of the episode Dr. Kawashimo upgrades Saromi’s old body to Miri’s prototype body. Of course, I’m not 100% of this translation myself.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 10 years ago

:lol: Strangewings translated these titles a few years ago, & he is still learning Japanese. I might be wrong, though; it could be he merely transcribed the title, & google translated it. :lol:

edit: I just changed the title to your translation, so anyone who wonders about your post, Crazy_Red, will know why.

I just ran 'もう一人の美理' through google, & it comes out "Physical beauty of another"; I know "Physical beauty" is Miri, & there is no need to tell you that the phonetic translation is "Mōhitori no miri." :D

I had no idea about the prototype body; though, I thought it was funny they were on hangers in a closet.

This scene reminds me of MCHALE'S NAVY; I guess it was the 2nd season, when they were stationed in New Caledonia. :lol: McHale & his misfit crew had an underground hide-out where they hid everything they wanted to keep secret from Capt. Binghamton. :D

:heart:

:lol:

This reminds me of ROBOT HOUSE, in which suction cups were used against Atom.

The villainous Nazi-types are in for a surprise, because Mars was the decoy!

I know I have seen an anime in which the cute girl's fake head doing the eyelid tug tongue out [I forgot the word for it :blush: ] Jack-in-the-box. :D

What is with this flying saucer? Are Salome & Seshimo extraterrestrials?

A plug for ROLLS-ROYCE.

I did not think Mars was particularly strong, until seeing this. :p

Crazy_Red, is this the guy's brain? I can think of no other explanation, but that.

So ends this episode.

About the name: I was certain I heard 'Sal-o-me' L/R thing not withstanding.
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”