127th Episode: The Experimental Robot

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

:cry: There are 2 episodes to my knowledge whose video has been lost, this one & 125th Episode: Find the Bacteria. However, that one at least has many still photos & even some crude animation, while this one does not. Both are included as extras, rather than being in their proper sequences among the other episodes. :(

Anyway, this one was impossible to follow, because I do not speak or read Japanese, while that one was at least comprehensible.

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 18 years ago

Yes, I know the ones you mean. You're right ep. 127 is hard to understand, but 125 is and it's one of my favorites, especially at the end where we see Astro holding a huge serenge needle, smilling at the crooks who stole the bacteria and now are infected with it and need the antidote. :Next!. :wahah: :lol:

Could you post that pic, please? :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I will, but right now I am trying to view the rest of set 1 before set #2 arrives (It shipped today). I must verify that all discs play properly. :D

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Wow!, it shiped already? I wonder why they said 2-4 weeks wait then. Cool now you'll own the whole 60's series like me. Enjoy! :lol:

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Eileen sobora » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Atoman@Oct 30 2005, 06:12 AM
Yes, I know the ones you mean. You're right ep. 127 is hard to understand, but 125 is and it's one of my favorites, especially at the end where we see Astro holding a huge serenge needle, smilling at the crooks who stole the bacteria and now are infected with it and need the antidote. :Next!. :wahah: :lol:

I WILL NEVER DATE THE ASTRO FROM THE 60's CAUSE OF THAT! :angry: AND IF HE WAS SMILING EVILIY THAT TIME, A GOTHIC SHOW WILL LIKE TO TAKE HIM AS ONE OF THE CHRACTERS! :angry: besides, I like the 2000 version of astro better cause hes pure hearted and non-voilent :wub: :wub:
My Artpage http://daydream16.deviantart.com/
A perfect artist always needs to have one. ;)

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Originally posted by Eileen sobora+Oct 30 2005, 10:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eileen sobora @ Oct 30 2005, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Atoman@Oct 30 2005, 06:12 AM

I WILL NEVER DATE THE ASTRO FROM THE 60's CAUSE OF THAT! :angry: AND IF HE WAS SMILING EVILIY THAT TIME, A GOTHIC SHOW WILL LIKE TO TAKE HIM AS ONE OF THE CHRACTERS! :angry: besides, I like the 2000 version of astro better cause hes pure hearted and non-voilent :wub: :wub: [/b][/quote]
Hi Eileen Sobora,

Have you ever seen the Astro anime of the 60's or read the manga from the 50's and 60's? He was pure hearted then too and so was the man who created him Osamu Tezuka. Astro was not smilling evily in that seen. It was meant as a joke and I don't think he really used the giant needle. ;)

I just watched an episode from the 60's last night called Vampire Vale. It was Astro's version of the Dracula story, perfect for halloween. Astro had to do battle with a vampire who used to be a friend of Dr. O'shay's, but now is evil. Astro almost lost to him, but managed to win. :lol:

Please don't hate the 60's version too much until you've seen it. It's actually the funniest version because it has the manga humor still intact. Also it has Astro's sister Uran, his brother Cobalt and baby brother Chitan. :lol: So give it a try. ;)

Goldo101
Kokoro Robot

Postby Goldo101 » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Eileen sobora+Oct 30 2005, 10:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eileen sobora @ Oct 30 2005, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Atoman@Oct 30 2005, 06:12 AM

I WILL NEVER DATE THE ASTRO FROM THE 60's CAUSE OF THAT! :angry: AND IF HE WAS SMILING EVILIY THAT TIME, A GOTHIC SHOW WILL LIKE TO TAKE HIM AS ONE OF THE CHRACTERS! :angry: besides, I like the 2000 version of astro better cause hes pure hearted and non-voilent :wub: :wub: [/b][/quote]

You should give a chance to the old ASTROBOY series :)

it's the old series, when I was younger, that make me a fan now :D
( I have a little amount of the vintage episode and still they are the greatest, from my point of view)

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Originally posted by Goldo101@Nov 3 2005, 04:41 AM
You should give a chance to the old ASTROBOY series :)

it's the old series, when I was younger, that make me a fan now :D
( I have a little amount of the vintage episode and still they are the greatest, from my point of view)

Hi Goldo 101,

Welcome to the forum. Yes I agree the 60's Atom's are the best and funniest in my opinion too. I have all the Japanese episodes plus some of the English dubs. I never get tired of that show. :lol:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

no pic to restore :(

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"Atoman" wrote:I just watched an episode from the 60's last night called Vampire Vale. It was Astro's version of the Dracula story, perfect for halloween. Astro had to do battle with a vampire

Now that character wouldn't have been Don Dracula? I think Tezuka created him a bit later though.....

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”