Costume Help!!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
meljacob
Kokoro Robot

Costume Help!!!

Postby meljacob » 18 years ago

I have a 3 year old son who's birthday is April 29th. We live in Canada in the North and he has asked for an Astro Boy birthday party. I have been creative in a lot of the aspects of it so far, but have been looking for an Astro Boy costume for him. I haven't been able to find anything at all when searching on the web or on ebay. Any ideas? HELP!!??

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Hi Meljacob!

I haven't heard of any costumes that can be bought, but an old forum member made one out of some kind of spongey foam (foam padding?). The coloured parts were covered with vinyl, and the head was paper mache (probably built over chicken wire mesh).
I don't know how much work it would be.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Didn't astro_mcfly dress for a party in (as?) Astro or Uran last year? We were supposed to get pictures, but I don't think we had any after all.

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 18 years ago

Oh! I am so sorry! I actually have a picture but I'm dressed in his school outfit! meljacob, it really just depends on what your son is willing to wear. Sadly, I'm not wearing boots. In the manga, he sometimes does not wear boots. It really was due to some accidents with glue and spray paint though. :D I altered a jacket and drew green stripes on shorts. And, of course, did my hair. It really is a horrible picture of me, but I don't want to wait another year to post it. n_n Photobucket is not cooperating with me. Sorry. It should be up at a later time. I promise!
-N.

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Here ::..

..::
Now we are happy! n_n

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Looks like a fashion parade. :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Thanks! :D

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

You are very welcome. n_n

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 18 years ago

meljacob wrote:I have a 3 year old son who's birthday is April 29th. We live in Canada in the North and he has asked for an Astro Boy birthday party. I have been creative in a lot of the aspects of it so far, but have been looking for an Astro Boy costume for him. I haven't been able to find anything at all when searching on the web or on ebay. Any ideas? HELP!!??

If you post a picture of your son, I can photoshop it and give him an Astro body. Then you could print it and show it to him :LOL:
I could also add astro's goofy hairdo

StellDream
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby StellDream » 18 years ago

ImageImage

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”