Can Astro sweat ?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:I wondered once if robot sweat - in this case, Astro's - was just condensation forming on the exterior of a robot due to coolant or any H20 component, but maybe it's possible Tenma designed Astro to emit slight amounts of water to help cool down Astro's overall system in case of extreme temperatures.

(I'm working on a comic about humanoid robots, so I have to think about this sort of thing quite a lot. ^^ ;)

I had also thought one day that breathing was also a good way for cooling (a variation of fans in our computers).
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

"Astroboy_Addict" wrote:Image
Okayy, so I found it ! Astroboy 2003 Episode 43 (Japanese Version) :D

:lol: It's not real sweat. Since it is a preprogrammed response. It's more or less a display. Possibly to bring the viewer in closer for the attack. :ninja:
He could be mocking. If the viewer were Uran it could be a deception or diversion. But Astro cannot really sweat. :astro: :whistling:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 13 years ago

"cybotron" wrote:[QUOTE=Astroboy_Addict;119681]Image
Okayy, so I found it ! Astroboy 2003 Episode 43 (Japanese Version) :D

:lol: It's not real sweat. Since it is a preprogrammed response. It's more or less a display. Possibly to bring the viewer in closer for the attack. :ninja:
He could be mocking. If the viewer were Uran it could be a deception or diversion. But Astro cannot really sweat. :astro: :whistling: [/QUOTE]

:whistling: I wonder if our cute Astro has body odor :whistling: :astro:

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 13 years ago

"jayrath" wrote:That's not sweat. It's an oil leak. :)

LOL!!!
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks Astro's eyes in that picture look freakishly flat? o_o

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Astro's eyes in that picture look freakishly flat? o_o

It annoys the heck out of me too. I think it was probably taken from WingedMushroomOfDoom's videos, which are Pan & Scan videos squeezed to widescreen.
I'm on Twitter.

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Alittleacorn;119994]Am I the only one who thinks Astro's eyes in that picture look freakishly flat? o_o

It annoys the heck out of me too. I think it was probably taken from WingedMushroomOfDoom's videos, which are Pan & Scan videos squeezed to widescreen.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not, that screenshot was taken directly from my own Astroboy DVD, and yeah, it is from the Japanese version of Astroboy

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

I think that Tezuka when drawing Astro Boy didn't think too much as too the capabilities of the robots, instead putting the focus on the plot and many other stuff. Maybe he only drew it to show that Astro was nervous... :unsure:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Astroboy_Addict" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;120003][QUOTE=Alittleacorn;119994]Am I the only one who thinks Astro's eyes in that picture look freakishly flat? o_o

It annoys the heck out of me too. I think it was probably taken from WingedMushroomOfDoom's videos, which are Pan & Scan videos squeezed to widescreen.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not, that screenshot was taken directly from my own Astroboy DVD, and yeah, it is from the Japanese version of Astroboy[/QUOTE]

Ok, but then it must've been taken from unofficial DVDs as well.

Here it is with proper dimensions. Still cropped on the sides however, as the show should normally be widescreen (16:9) and not 4:3.

I'm on Twitter.

racoonangel
Robot President

Postby racoonangel » 11 years ago

in the very last episode astro boy cried in the 2003 series
Instagram: astrogirl_draws
I LOVE ASTRO BOY!!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”