Does anyone recognize this?

Off topic discussion.
Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 20 years ago

This anime is called 'Arsène Lupin'. It used to run on a french TV channel during the 80's
(I think the french title was 'Edgar, Le Detective Gambrioleur' ;) .

They've shown those episodes shortly before Astroboy went on air.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

Yeah, Lupin III is awesome. The original series from the 70s is cool, but a few of the movies are so much better (many people list the one called Castle Cagliastro in their top 5 favorite anime movies).

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I was just going to mention Castle of Cagliostro! Great movie. I didn't realise Lupin III had been around for so long.

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

Cagliostro was an awsome movie. I just loved it. Unfortunately it was one of an amazingly large set of Anime that was actually made up as they went along, so as a whole cackage the movie just really didnt end up with any real direction or identity.

Having said that tho the characters in the movie were wonderful and some of the scenes in this movie are brilliantly fun and entertaining. The Car chase in this movie is famed for being described by none other than Steven Spielburg himself as "the greatest car chase ever put on film' so thats a major nod from a considerable source.

I had known that the character Lupin had been around for that time but I am pretty sure that Castle of Cagliostro is the only one of the Animes to make it here. I am sure Hakura can find out about that for us tho :)

One of the more amusing things of the dub for cagliostro was that at the time they were not allowed to use the name Lupin, as it was copyrighted or something rediculous like that. The amusing part was that actually in the anime they let you know very cleverly that the characters 'name' was Lupin, but he was never referred to as that! It was a very cheeky and very well done swipe at whoever it was that would not let them use the name. :)
three and a half years.. for what?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Inspector Z
"I know that guy! its Lupin. Wait till I get the cuffs on you, Lupin!!!"

I watched the series on Cartoon Network, I thought it was funny, but too repetitive. The same stuff over and over, not as bad as Garfield comic, but still way too old already. The cop somehow is always wherever Lupin & co. happen to go, he always messes up, and the girl always entices Lupin into something really dangerous. Could have used a bit more originality, nevertheless, it was quite funny. :)

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 20 years ago

The main caracter looks like actor Jim Carrey in a way. Both of them have a big-sized mouth :lol: .
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Danny@Mar 18 2004, 09:03 PM
I had known that the character Lupin had been around for that time but I am pretty sure that Castle of Cagliostro is the only one of the Animes to make it here. I am sure Hakura can find out about that for us tho :)

Yeah i'm pretty sure it's the only one... there might be one other.....i can't remember.... but a lot of the movies/series is released in the US. You can buy the manga from Kinokuniya in the city.
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

The other Lupin movies are fan subbed, and subbed episodes of the original series should be avalable in VHS format.

Return to “General Discussion”