The Worst Cartoon You Ever Saw!

Off topic discussion.
AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

There are toooooo many I dislike to mention!! But the top of the heap from my childhood: Clutch Cargo and Colonel Bleep -- *runs screaming from room*

Clutch Cargo (and another from the same production company called Space Ghost) were so horrific my brother and I used watch them just to get creeped out! There was, like, NO animation -- EXCEPT for a live shot of somebodys MOUTH speaking the dialogue that was superimposed over the cartoon character's otherwise static face.

And Col. Bleep? Oh, man -- first of all he looks like he was drawn by Fauna's favorite illustrator: Ken Steacy. He kinda flies through space on a unicycle, and has two sidekicks: a caveman and a child dressed a a cowboy. But what used to get to me was the way Bleep would wobble/flash his eyes/eyebrows. I would say this is the first truly frenetic cartoon -- you can find him on Youtube, and I recommend experiencing him (and Clutch) for yourself -- and YOU TELL ME what you think! :cry:

Last edited by AprilSeven on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote: Actually I HATED the limited animation of the 1960's Astro Boy (plus being black and white), but love the characterizations and story.

Fixed that for you. You had it spelled 1060. ._.
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

It's not quite a cartoon, but I think it's close enough to deserve a mention: The Wind in the Willows. Here is an animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2FBSuHVhVg

I found the images dark and the plot and characters terribly boring. I hated it and always seemed to stumble on it. :sick:

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

"Anime Girl 14" wrote:[QUOTE=sonicx137;101897][QUOTE=Uran&Astro1980;101896][QUOTE=sonicx137;101895][QUOTE=Uran&Astro1980;101892]Err, Cartoons? Idk, I've stopped watchin' them since I started watching Astro Boy, Black Jack, Zoids, and a bunch of other anime. (Getting off topic have to rewind and go back. o_O ) The worst cartoon... It would have to be Sponge Bob Square Pants. It just seems like such a lame cartoon. O_o

YOU MONSTER! :mad: How could you not see the epicness in SPONGEBOB! :mad: YOU ARE EVIL DEVIL! :d evil:[/QUOTE]

:cry: I shouldn't have mentioned Sponge Bob... :cry: [/QUOTE]
JK......... sorta. SPONGEBOB FTW(FOR THE WIN)! *Turns into ninja and quietly but swiftly walks away* :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :[/QUOTE]

That's what FTW means! Thank you.[/QUOTE]

YOUR WELCOME! what did you think it was? **** the world? :lol: thats what most people think. :D
Now active on MyAnimeList

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

"sonicx137" wrote:[QUOTE=Anime Girl 14;101899][QUOTE=sonicx137;101897][QUOTE=Uran&Astro1980;101896][QUOTE=sonicx137;101895][QUOTE=Uran&Astro1980;101892]Err, Cartoons? Idk, I've stopped watchin' them since I started watching Astro Boy, Black Jack, Zoids, and a bunch of other anime. (Getting off topic have to rewind and go back. o_O ) The worst cartoon... It would have to be Sponge Bob Square Pants. It just seems like such a lame cartoon. O_o

YOU MONSTER! :mad: How could you not see the epicness in SPONGEBOB! :mad: YOU ARE EVIL DEVIL! :d evil:[/QUOTE]

JK......... sorta. SPONGEBOB FTW(FOR THE WIN)! *Turns into ninja and quietly but swiftly walks away* :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :[/QUOTE]

YOUR WELCOME! what did you think it was? **** the world? :lol: thats what most people think. :D [/QUOTE]

I just had no clue at all. It was just something I didn't understand. I have to warn you, you might get in trouble, even if you know what is censored.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

"Anime Girl 14" wrote:[QUOTE=sonicx137;101909][QUOTE=Anime Girl 14;101899][QUOTE=sonicx137;101897][QUOTE=Uran&Astro1980;101896][QUOTE=sonicx137;101895][QUOTE=Uran&Astro1980;101892]Err, Cartoons? Idk, I've stopped watchin' them since I started watching Astro Boy, Black Jack, Zoids, and a bunch of other anime. (Getting off topic have to rewind and go back. o_O ) The worst cartoon... It would have to be Sponge Bob Square Pants. It just seems like such a lame cartoon. O_o

YOUR WELCOME! what did you think it was? **** the world? :lol: thats what most people think. :D [/QUOTE]

I just had no clue at all. It was just something I didn't understand. I have to warn you, you might get in trouble, even if you know what is censored.[/QUOTE]

i just put stars? lol i would NEVER curse to my friends. never! :D
Now active on MyAnimeList

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:In no particular order...

Robotboy: Racially-offensive, crude, devoid of creativity and unpleasant to watch. The entire first two seasons rip off Astro Boy 2003 plots, and the remaining episodes rip off Japanese action shows.

Dino Squad: A show about teenagers turning into dinosaurs, made cheaply and written badly. Teenagers don't care about dinosaurs, and having everyone live in a lighthouse and have motorcycles and magic guns was dumb. The main villain looked like a Native American Dr. Kiriko with a high-pitched voice. Plus, this is supposed to be a character with Asperger's Syndrome, but I find it inaccurate and pandering. He sounds like a robot programmed to repeat "high-fructose corn syrup".

Teamo Supremo: A nerd, a Spanish kid and a horrible-looking Asian girl fight adults who could totally murder them, complete with supervillain rip-offs and morals said to the viewer's face. I saw this as a child and just reacted like :V

The Buzz On Maggie: I wish I had a blank-faced, confused icon that could accurately portray my reaction as a kid.

I remember at the time when Teamo Supreamo came on, I was on a superhero craze. I remember my and my friends would always play various childhood superheros from various cartoons. Spencer was always Captain Crandall (aka, "The nerd"), Julie was always Pink Power Ranger, Heather was always Bubbles from The PowerPuff Girls, Kenny was always Buzz Lightyear, Ryan was always Astro Boy, and I was always Sailor Moon. LOL! We usually had some madeup bad guys too. One time we were playing, and Kyle was playing some greedy bad guy, and he was like "I wanna own the world!" I was like "Why didn't you say so." then I ran in my house, got my globe of the world toy, and I was like "Here you go. It spins." LOL!
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

"Anime Girl 14" wrote:[QUOTE=Fauna;101851]In no particular order...

Robotboy: Racially-offensive, crude, devoid of creativity and unpleasant to watch. The entire first two seasons rip off Astro Boy 2003 plots, and the remaining episodes rip off Japanese action shows.

Dino Squad: A show about teenagers turning into dinosaurs, made cheaply and written badly. Teenagers don't care about dinosaurs, and having everyone live in a lighthouse and have motorcycles and magic guns was dumb. The main villain looked like a Native American Dr. Kiriko with a high-pitched voice. Plus, this is supposed to be a character with Asperger's Syndrome, but I find it inaccurate and pandering. He sounds like a robot programmed to repeat "high-fructose corn syrup".

Teamo Supremo: A nerd, a Spanish kid and a horrible-looking Asian girl fight adults who could totally murder them, complete with supervillain rip-offs and morals said to the viewer's face. I saw this as a child and just reacted like :V

The Buzz On Maggie: I wish I had a blank-faced, confused icon that could accurately portray my reaction as a kid.

I remember at the time when Teamo Supreamo came on, I was on a superhero craze. I remember my and my friends would always play various childhood superheros from various cartoons. Spencer was always Captain Crandall (aka, "The nerd"), Julie was always Pink Power Ranger, Heather was always Bubbles from The PowerPuff Girls, Kenny was always Buzz Lightyear, Ryan was always Astro Boy, and I was always Sailor Moon. LOL! We usually had some madeup bad guys too. One time we were playing, and Kyle was playing some greedy bad guy, and he was like "I wanna own the world!" I was like "Why didn't you say so." then I ran in my house, got my globe of the world toy, and I was like "Here you go. It spins." LOL![/QUOTE]

LOL, the world! "It spins!" :lol:
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Before I didn't know what cartoons I thought where weird, (Not that I like all cartoons, I think they're corny and cheesy...) but now I know what cartoon is weird. Its Sonic The Hedgehog (Not Sonic X, the first show they made). Sonic used to look fat. '_' And I prefer the new characters over the old ones. One of the only funny parts is when Sonic takes out a hot dog with chili on it and says ' Moi and a Chili Dog' (He was talking to his 'Uncle Chuck'. O_o
BTW, When I watched Sonic The Hedgehog (My dad got the Sonic The Hedgehog from red box, so the DVD had a few episodes in it.) It had some trailers at the end, and It showed a trailer of Dino Squad (Is that the name? I forgot. >_< ) It looked ridiculous.
The only cool looking trailers where the Mario Brothers one and The Legend of Zelda commercials. There are lots of other cartoons that I think are corny, but it would probably take to long to list them. ._.
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I could name a few from my childhood, but for those under 50, this would mean little. So, I will state that I hate it when the importers dumb-down any series. ASTRO BOY is just one of many, but to my knowledge, it is one of only a few that failed. I do not know if it would have done any better if it had not been chopped up, though the fact that only the 1st half was published on DVD in Korea suggests that it may have failed anyway.

In the 1960s, there were a bunch of live-action shows with goofy costumed characters. LAND OF THE LOST was 1 of them. I watched the 1st DVD in the set a year ago, & other than the nostalgia, it was just awful. I laughed a bit, but only by using the commentary track could I endure even 3 eps. I suppose this was based upon either Verne's or some other author's underground adventures, but when making it kiddie fare, it just became stupid.

Likewise, I watched the 1st DVD of GROOVIE GOOLIES, only because I wanted to hear some of its songs again. Tezuka may have originated the bank system, but this show used it to death. There was only about 2 minutes of unique animation in each show. Take the songs for instance, there were clips of the monsters playing their instruments that were used many times just during 1 song. Each song had about 20-25 seconds of actual lyrics, but these were repeated 4-5 times, making the songs last about 2 1/2 minutes each. During each song there was a unique but very short animated clip that had whatever theme the lyrics were about, but this clip was only about 5-6 seconds, and repeated frequently between the various clips of the musicians. Dracula, or 'Drac,' Wolf man, 'Wolfie,' 'Frankenstein's monster, 'Frankie,' & a mummy 'Bone-apart,' were the main characters, & the musicians, but there were a few others, a Vampire woman and 2 boys obviously modeled on Eddie Munster.

I just realized that this was obviously a spin off of SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH. :lol:

For a kids' cartoon, this had little if any plot. There were no adventures; rather, it consisted of a kids' version of LAUGH-IN, again reusing ad-nausium the clips. The characters just performed very short gags, and told jokes & riddles. It was pretty lame.

MONSTER SQUAD: Another live-action show with Dracula, Wolf man, & Frankenstein's monster as heroes who drive around in a custom van and have a secret base similar to Batman's cave. :p

I suppose there were a few that may have been worse, but these I remember. :lol:

This is ringing a very very old bell. I remember having seen a few episodes of this cartoon, but I have almost no memory left of it, I just know it is familiar. I haven't thought about it for years, if not decades. I suppose that means I hadn't found it very interesting :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “General Discussion”