Doc Jerk's Art Thread

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Doc Jerk's Art Thread

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Right, instead of posting new threads for every art piece I wish to show here (which were really only the notable ones...), I'm just going to create a single art thread and post all of my crud here.

The images I show here are uploaded onto imageshack.us. I generally make a routine of deleting old images from my imageshack gallery, so if the pictures aren't showing here, that's why. To compensate for that, there will be DeviantArt links as well.

'The Distance'
(Another Steampunk Astro Boy work)

http://dr-jerk.deviantart.com/art/The-Distance-201194704

'Ham Egg'
(Ham Egg from Jetter Mars)

http://dr-jerk.deviantart.com/art/Ham-Egg-199878824

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

Those are good

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

I've already said I liked your Hamegg, but I'm even more impressed with that new one of Astro. It's nearly perfect. The pose is very anime-ish too.
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"F-Man" wrote:I've already said I liked your Hamegg, but I'm even more impressed with that new one of Astro. It's nearly perfect. The pose is very anime-ish too.

NO.

I shall not rest until I am able to draw Atom exactly as how Tezuka did!

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;124224]I've already said I liked your Hamegg, but I'm even more impressed with that new one of Astro. It's nearly perfect. The pose is very anime-ish too.

NO.

I shall not rest until I am able to draw Atom exactly as how Tezuka did![/QUOTE]

i feel the same way about my drawings of astro/tobio :astro: :heart:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:I shall not rest until I am able to draw Atom exactly as how Tezuka did!

YEAH!!! And I believe you can do it, too!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

SpaceCookie
Banned

Postby SpaceCookie » 13 years ago

I like em' both. :) I can't take my eye's off Astro's fluttery green scarf. Nice work...Jerk. Oh my god. That rhymed! I had to, I'm sorry! lol

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I agree! :lol:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

Very cool! :) I liked Astro's flowing scarf, and HamEgg's looked cool too.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

I'm not sure if this would still be considered inappropriate... but...

'Tezuka Says...'

http://dr-jerk.deviantart.com/art/Tezuka-Says-201762614

"Some months ago, I can't remember starting when, I had gotten an idea to create a 'series' of Tezuka-related fanart, all in a 'wild' and 'twisted' style...

...Inspired by none other than 's art. I really love Themrock's style and decided that I would 'mimic' that kind of style for this 'series' thing of mine.

...But after a bit, I kinda realized that a series of artwork inspired by and done in Themrock's style would seem way too much. Inspiration for a couple of pieces every once in awhile is fine, but mimicking his style for a long-running series of fanart would just make me feel guilty. So I decided to do only a couple of pieces instead of a series. I currently have two other pieces that were also going to be intended for the 'series', they're still unfinished though at the moment.

Anyway I actually like how this turned out. It may not be accurate to Themrock's by-far-better-artwork, but I still like it. I even tried to do that paper texture thing he does. Although I'm pretty sure he does all of his work traditionally somehow, this was all done digitally.

So... there you have it, an angry Tezuka shouting "WHAT THE ****?!". Why is that? Well I'm willing to bet that is what he would be saying too if he saw what I would have drawn for the rest of that 'series'. Yes, terribly inaccurate Tezuka.
"

I like how this turned out so much that I think I might edit it into an icon and signature set.

Return to “Fan Creations”