Satus' fan art

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

Thanks everyone. I really enjoy creating screentoned pictures. The random girl is Chocola from Don Dracula.

Here's a picture of Tima that I drew while talking with some friends on iScribble.net.

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

Update: I had fixed the head of Astro in this picture at some point, but never relinked it here.

I have also made a flash game, Uran in a dress up game.

Sorry for double post, can no longer edit.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Wow, cool game! :w00t: Excellent job!!! :cool:

Very nice drawing, too! :astro: :wub:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

:w00t: I love the dress-up Uran!! :w00t:

Wouldn't she make a wonderful doll!! Forget about Barbie - I wanna Uran!!

Great selection of clothes you gave her, including her "painted on astro-outfit" . . . after all, she IS Astro Girl! ;) :D

Do any of you - ahem - YOUNG PEOPLE remember "Colorforms?" Wish we could print out your "doll" and clothes on plastic, to create our own colorform Uran. There's an Astro dress-up too, you know (also on Deviantart).

hmmm . . . .I might have to make some screen shots and cut 'em out :rolleyes:

:astro: uh-oh . . . AprilSeven is reverting to her childhood again! :lol:

I LOVE THIS PLACE!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

AprilSeven, that reminds me I bought an Astro Boy artbook from various artists recently, and it included a dress-up game drawn by Riyeko Ikeda (The Roses of Versailles, Oniisama e), which of course, I had to photocopy and cut out.

I'm on Twitter.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

WOW that is a gorgeous book!! And what a cute little Atom!!! :lol: :wub:

I recognize some of the "poses" drawn here from the manga. I noticed that Tezuka would sometimes make Astro's spikes "wavy" like real hair - "blow to one side" or straight up (like Cobalt).

Wish I could read the Japanese - but I did recognize ONE word: watashi! (me/I)

My dad was a Marine stationed in Japan at the end of WWII and we grew up using a sprinkling of Japanese words - mizu (water), moshi moshi (hello) and a couple others - wish it were MORE!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing the book. So it's all different artist's drawings of AB? Nice that it's in full color.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

:heart: So cute, F-Man! I have a MELMO manga whose artwork is similar to the 2003 manga. It has appearances by Hekate, Atom, Rock, Lamp, & a few others.
MELMO-CHAN_008.jpg
MELMO-CHAN_008.jpg (59.63 KiB) Viewed 2695 times

Plus, one of the two versions I bought (since I could not read the descriptions) included a little art book with rather crude drawings of characters in it:
MELMO-C_APP_26.jpg
MELMO-C_APP_26.jpg (39.39 KiB) Viewed 1676 times

I just love this one! Melmo so admires Cleopatra.

Many of the others are crude because lines that should have been erased, were not.

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

Thank you, Astro Forever and AprilSeven.

"AprilSeven" wrote:Do any of you - ahem - YOUNG PEOPLE remember "Colorforms?" Wish we could print out your "doll" and clothes on plastic, to create our own colorform Uran. There's an Astro dress-up too, you know (also on Deviantart).

I remember playing with paper dress-up dolls when I was younger, but I didn't know they had a name. :D As for my game, I figured Astro would have had several games like this, especially the 2 on dA. So that's partly why I decided to make one for Uran instead.

I haven't drawn much else related to Tezuka's work recently, and figured not many would be interested in my Mega Man drawings. (I have drawn my own characters too, but this thread is called "Satus' fan art" and not "Satus' illustrations". :p ) But here are some rough sketches of characters from Metropolis, which I can't remember when I drew.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

I'm blown away with how you can draw like that! I wonder, did you take life drawing as a class, etc. or are you self-taught? You seem to do "under-drawings" to keep everything balanced and in proportions - but you also seem to be able to draw characters in virtually any position, and that's truly difficult to do, which is why I'm guessing you've studied illustration.

I can "see" images in my mind - but don't seem to get them to come out of my fingers! :p

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

Wow, you draw the Metropolis Kenichi so good! My favorite is the top right one, so cute, but I'm just amazed at how good he looks in all of them. His design looks somehow both faithful and original at the same time.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Fan Creations”