Do you think there will be another Astro Boy television series?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!

Do you think there will be another Astro Boy television series?

Yes, sometime between now and 2020
51%
Yes, sometime between 2020 and 2040
26%
Yes, sometime after 2040
3%
No
20%

Total votes: 35

Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bigdog » 13 years ago

"Atomars" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Atom;154771]After the 2003 series i don't think there will be it wasn't bad or anything but in that series American producers told the Japanese what to do :shifty:

Of course they could just make another series for let's say like Tezuka's 100 year anniversary but i don't see it happening for some reason.

But Pluto would defenetly be great although it is sad to see that none of Uraswa's Manga have been made into Anime 20th Century Boys won the Eisner awards this year but neither Toei,MadHouse,TMS,Studio Pierrot,(ghibli) or wich ever studio that could do it seem to be intresed in adapating his complacated manga.

Maybe a change for Tezuka Productions to finaly make something again ?

Maybe they need to change Astro Boy's appearance or perhaps the storyline in order to make it more interesting to younger viewers :unsure: . One day, I hope I can buy Astro Boy character from Tezuka Productions and make Astro Boy relive his glory years again :astro: .[/QUOTE]

I just want a continuation of either the 80's or 2003 series so we can finally have the whole manga in anime form instead of a quarter of it or half. The main reason why I have never even tried to complete watching the anime versions is that they have never tried to complete the series although they don't even have to worry about newer stories to catch up to like most of modern anime . It's probably easier to make an anime based on a Tezuka franchise than any modern running one . Heck, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is an example of it .

If not the above, I would love to see a take done by the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender in their style of animation or by Cartoon Network who are doing the Thundercats remake, but not Nick. They'll give us either a Speed Racer TNG or Voltron Force knowing them , but if they got the people behind The Teenage Robot cartoon to do it .... :)

As long as the manga's entire story is covered , minus any one shots and filler, I wouldn't mind another Astro Boy series done by anyone at this point..

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:O well :lol: i haven't even read Pluto yet and 20th century boys won the Eisner awards and that hasn't even been made into an anime i know Urasawa is really good but i heard somewhere that many studio's prefer not to take his complicated works so i thouht that maybe none of his stories where made into anime so Monster is the only one huh.

20th Century Boys was made into a live-action trilogy. ;)
I'm on Twitter.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Atom;156113]O well :lol: i haven't even read Pluto yet and 20th century boys won the Eisner awards and that hasn't even been made into an anime i know Urasawa is really good but i heard somewhere that many studio's prefer not to take his complicated works so i thouht that maybe none of his stories where made into anime so Monster is the only one huh.

20th Century Boys was made into a live-action trilogy. ;) [/QUOTE]I did know that but that might just be the reason why there isn't a demand to make it into an anime, 20th Century Boys might be one of those few manga's that suits live action better than anime.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 13 years ago

i don't think they have.

astro boy says.

that there is no new astro boy series.

Mizrael
Metro City Citizen

I certainly Hope they do!

Postby Mizrael » 13 years ago

I certainly Hope they do! I'd like to see more movies too! :w00t:
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are! - Buckaroo Bonzai
:ninja: :p :ninja:

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

Astro Boy will have new anime (10 episodes) in 2012 called Astro Boy Tales, I hope this anime is not cancelled :astro:
Last edited by Atomars on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"Atomars" wrote:Astro Boy will have new anime (10 episodes) in 2012 called Astro Boy Tales, I hope this anime is not cancelled :astro:

Looks like that person had also added that "series" to the Imagi page on the same day (April 3) where it was promptly removed. Tsk, vandals posting made up things without sources.
I'm on Twitter.

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:[QUOTE=Atomars;177896]Astro Boy will have new anime (10 episodes) in 2012 called Astro Boy Tales, I hope this anime is not cancelled :astro:

Looks like that person had also added that "series" to the Imagi page on the same day (April 3) where it was promptly removed. Tsk, vandals posting made up things without sources.[/QUOTE]

Really ? :cry:

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

It is vandalism, not to mention a blatant hoax. I've already removed it from the Astro Boy page already.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Are you saying it's a hoax because it was removed from the Imagi website?

They didn't produce any Astro Boy anime - Tezuka Productions did - so it would make sense that Imagi would remove it from their site.

Remember Tezuka Pro hinted to Ghost that more anime was on the way. Has anyone checked with Tezuka about this? I'd suggest any/all of our Japanese reading members check this out before we completely write it off.

And as for the name, "Astro Boy Tales" - that would almost make perfect sense - those are the stories Tezuka wrote after he "killed Astro off (where he goes back in time)" and they've never been animated. It would provide a lot of new content without contradicting the new origin story presented in the movie.

Maybe Sony is connected to this too? I mean, it's sounds too good to be true, but that doesn't mean it IS too good to be true.

I hope!!
Last edited by AprilSeven on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”