Astroboy Pencil Gallery

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

adrian _68 wrote:Can somebody tell me what happened to the moderators around here? It seems that they have become more active. I once came here and saw a message saying that the forum was sort of hacked by somebody. Is that true? There's also been a huge layout change.

Shortly after the forum was hacked, Mark came back and upgraded the forum. Then he/she nominated the moderators and they wrote some rules to avoid the bad things that happened sometimes before.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

fafner what is a flamewar?

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Sparx wrote:fafner what is a flamewar?

You are lucky if you don't know what it is :D You can have a look at the Wikipedia article, but basically it happens when at least 2 parties will hold incompatible opinions and reject the other ones. It results in violent and often insulting exchanges, effectively killing any positive exchange.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

i know this is kind of an old forum,but again,its one i think could be quite fun to revive.
and,to kick-start some new pencil sketchs,ive got one my own!
before you askn,no,i was not sad or depressed when i drew this,i just felt like drawing it.
those of you who know gyro will realise that he is dressed differently.he's dressed in a sort of "off-duty" attire,as this picture is set back in gyro's old dimension (where the war between humens and dr. ZeD's army of termenator-esque robots takes place).i'll leave it up to you to guess who's grave that is...
also,note how gyro LACKS his normal lick of hair! does he looked better or worse without it,because im not sure...
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!
as aproved by astro boy!
http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/
as aproved by astro boy!
ImageImageImage...what?

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

Hey! Good Pencil drawing!

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

Oh going on to pencil drawing. I’m very impressed. Not even I can do that Zeo. I’m very into the cubism part of art.

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

really? its acctualy very easy to shade like that,you know.
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!

as aproved by astro boy!

as aproved by astro boy!

ImageImageImage...what?

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Umm.... maybe it's me not believing my self, that I can do it. I’m just going to give it a try and see how it turns out.

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

just belive in yourself,sparx,and you can do it. i thought the qualiaty of my doujin was gonna be bad,but i tried beliving in myself,and,while its still bad in comparhasan to official doujin's and such,for me, its pretty much brilliant =D
'nyway,heres a new pencil sketch...of crono...*nervous shifty eyes*

3 words...

"could'nt","help",and "myself".
you should know by now much i love to draw my favorite charecters in peril...be they fan-charecters or official charecters,in either case...
and crono,being all adorable 'n such was pretty much at the top of my list...
so i forked this out after i did page 3 of my doujin last night.

is this a spoiler for later in the doujin? your just going to have to figure it out yourself X3

as aproved by astro boy!

as aproved by astro boy!

ImageImageImage...what?

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

That from the story, cool. :cool: and thanks about the beilieving in my self thingy.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”