What DVD special extras would you like to see?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shychick
Kokoro Robot

Postby Shychick » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Haruka-chan@Sep 7 2004, 10:56 PM
AND Episode 1 and 2 80's Japanese goddammit :D

YES!!! I've always wanted to see the stuff about Atlas, and Toby's death! Yes, it would be nice to show deleted scenes in Jap. on all the cut eps.

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

Yes interviews with the english cast would be so cool :D It would be interesting to see a documentary talking about the japanese vs english version. Like what the producers had to cut and examples of scenes and why. Any little nifty stories about production and even info/interviews with some of the Japanese voice actors/producers/etc.

There's so much good stuff Madman could put on this extra dvd. If only dvds held more! ^^
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 20 years ago

There are several questions rolling in my mind:
:unsure:
Will the english dub of the madman-release be the same as on the siren tapes?
Are there different english dubs around from the 80's series anyway?
I think of seeing someone written in the forum that the english dub from the Manga Entertainment VHS releases is different from the Siren Entertainment VHS-tapes.
Can anyone confirm this?
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

wildpegasus
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby wildpegasus » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Louis'74@Sep 9 2004, 12:47 AM
There are several questions rolling in my mind:
Will the english dub of the madman-release be the same as on the siren tapes?
Are there different english dubs around from the 80's series anyway?
I think of seeing someone written in the forum that the english dub from the Manga Entertainment VHS releases is different from the Siren Entertainment VHS-tapes.
Can anyone confirm this?

Don't know the answers to most of these questions but I do know that the Canadian dub was different than the US dub. We even had different names for some of the charactors.

So is this DVD set going to have the original Japanese versions on it?

ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 20 years ago

i think it is good because i only got halfway thru buying them on tape. then the place i was buying them from stopped selling them. :(

so now i will be able to get them again ... hooray

like the others have said i would like to see some of the deleted seens . not in english cause that would be hard to find. but in japenese audio with subtitles.
would help to fill in a few missing pieces

Shychick
Kokoro Robot

Postby Shychick » 20 years ago

Just to confirm this- where exactly are they being released?

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

OK here's my opinion of what should be on the tapes.......EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that was released for TV about ASTROBOY!!!!! OK that might be a bit much, but missing scenes, and ORIGINAL episodes, not cut and edited ones. English would be great. Just make sure it does justice to the great charecter and his amazing creator! The legacy of Tezuka is a great one, please do his memory justice with this set. :D

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

Yeah the Manga Entertainment was the US/whatever dub. More cut up then ours. But Madman will be using the dub that was on TV here (Australia), ie the Siren Release version.

It's going to be English dub people ^^; 51 episodes of English dub, but we get heaps of cool extras and really the dub wasn't that bad except for the first 2 episodes...

Shychick: The DVD boxset will be released in Australia in November. There will also be single volume releases. Madman are an Australian anime distributor. But if you live in the US you can easily import the DVDs as long as your DVD player handles Region 4 (most new players play all regions anyway). Be cheaper for you with the exchange rate anyway ^^;
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Haruka-chan@Sep 9 2004, 09:23 AM
Yeah the Manga Entertainment was the US/whatever dub. More cut up then ours. But Madman will be using the dub that was on TV here (Australia), ie the Siren Release version.

It's going to be English dub people ^^; 51 episodes of English dub, but we get heaps of cool extras and really the dub wasn't that bad except for the first 2 episodes...

Shychick: The DVD boxset will be released in Australia in November. There will also be single volume releases. Madman are an Australian anime distributor. But if you live in the US you can easily import the DVDs as long as your DVD player handles Region 4 (most new players play all regions anyway). Be cheaper for you with the exchange rate anyway ^^;

It certainly defeats the purpose of region encoding if this is true.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”